Burning AVI Files as VCD!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreams

Gracias Senor
hi guys..

i hv loads of movie coll in AVI Format in my HD.. I want these coll to b shared with frnds and relatives.. i use Nero Burnin ROM and whenever i burn these movies to VCD it takes about 1 1/2 hours to encode and then writes to the CD.. also the quality of the movies are also diminished.. can somebody suggest me wats the way to write those movies in the CD with the same DVD or DivX Quality and wat S/W to use to make this.. help needed at once..

thnx in adv..

VCD's use Mpeg1 video at 1150Kbps. It is a very lossy format and the bitrate is low. So (unless your source is of very good quality) you will end up with crappy looking output when re encoding with Nero.

i.e. unless you have the time, money, patience and effort required to re encode using CCE or TMpegEnc (using multiple passes and codec optimisations).

Anyway, what looks crappy on a computer monitor should look fairly decent and watchable on a TV. Except for fast motion and complex scenes where the video would end up blocky.

You could try SVCD template in Nero. But make sure your "frnds and relations" have players capable of this format.

You could buy yourself a DVD burner and author your files to DVD video.

You could buy your "frnds and relations" DivX DVD players, :wink: and while your at it, get one for me too :wink: :wink:

Keith

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Getting the Same Quality is kinda Technically not possible,The Pixealltion of VCD's Wont go off as the resolution is far lower compared to a DVD-Ripped Avi File Encoded at a much higher bitrate.The Best Know software for this purpose would definetly be Tmpgenc.It Has the Best conversion results but will take almost the same amount of time depending on the Movie's Size and Processor Speed.Get it from here www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html

Also Nero's Conversion is not much recommended as it Dosent Handle AC3 Sound formats that well and the Video Quality too is quite lame.With Rest things assured the fact still remains that the VCD will always remain an inferior standard of MPEG1 Compression and you cant expect much out of it.

Finally this query belongs to the Software Or Q&A Section.So Plz post appropriately nect time. :D

quad master

In the zone
Simple solution use Nero Burning Rom 6

In that select create VCD and drop ur AVI videos it will automatically
re-encode ur videos and create ur VCD - Simple isnt it.

Time consuming - Video Encoding from AVI to VCD done automatically by Nero.

Time required for Encoding depends on your processor speed.

Hope you got ur easiest solution
I have tried it.

Hey I have an dvd rom (combo) and watch dvds a lot and encode them to. I use Dr.Divx for encoding and I will tell u it is the best and even it brings down the file size to half and quality almost 90% remains. I thing u should use this and encoding depends on specs. Good luck :lol:

Hey the file will be in avi and size of 1gb file is brought down to 450mb and even u can mention the number of files and size of them each.

Ankit

Journeyman
the best option will be to purchase a divx player...philips divx players are available for 4k...plays dvd,vcd,mp3 etc.....
2nd option is ur friend and relatives ..buy a pc...
third option...is whet you presently doing...encode it in vcd.using nero or any other software u like....there will hardly be any difference in time taken..but yesthe quality may be little different...

eckswyezed

Broken In
I'll break it down into easy steps

0) If you have one BIG AVI containing the whole movie, you might want to split this into smaller avi files having (approx) 60minutes of the movie in each.

1) Convert AVI to MPEG1 using TMpegAV (you can easily find a guide that tells you exactly how to do this. Google is your friend.)

2) Burn the MPEG using Nero Burning ROM (select VCD). Again, if you're not sure how to do this, Google it. (if you skipped step 0 and have a LARGE MPEG file, split it using an MPEG cutter software)

3) REMEMBER TO BURN THE MOVIE AT THE SLOWEST BURN SPEED.

Tres' Voila!

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
quad master said:
Simple solution use Nero Burning Rom 6

In that select create VCD and drop ur AVI videos it will automatically
re-encode ur videos and create ur VCD - Simple isnt it.

Time consuming - Video Encoding from AVI to VCD done automatically by Nero.

Time required for Encoding depends on your processor speed.

Hope you got ur easiest solution
I have tried it.

Ya b4 i used Nero Burning ROM 6 and it did the encoding exactly for 1 1/2 hours for a AVI Format movie.. But the gr8 problem is Quality.. the quality is totally different and no match with the original AVI Format.. so this idea i hv left out..

Ankit said:
the best option will be to purchase a divx player...philips divx players are available for 4k...plays dvd,vcd,mp3 etc.....
2nd option is ur friend and relatives ..buy a pc...
third option...is whet you presently doing...encode it in vcd.using nero or any other software u like....there will hardly be any difference in time taken..but yesthe quality may be little different...

This option is not possible.. i cant buy a DivX player either my frnds and relative..

allwyndlima said:
Getting the Same Quality is kinda Technically not possible,The Pixealltion of VCD's Wont go off as the resolution is far lower compared to a DVD-Ripped Avi File Encoded at a much higher bitrate.The Best Know software for this purpose would definetly be Tmpgenc.It Has the Best conversion results but will take almost the same amount of time depending on the Movie's Size and Processor Speed.Get it from here www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/tmpgenc.html

Also Nero's Conversion is not much recommended as it Dosent Handle AC3 Sound formats that well and the Video Quality too is quite lame.With Rest things assured the fact still remains that the VCD will always remain an inferior standard of MPEG1 Compression and you cant expect much out of it.

Finally this query belongs to the Software Or Q&A Section.So Plz post appropriately nect time. :D

Will post it here afters in the correct section.. BTW i d/l the s/w and used AVP to convert.. it runs for exactly 1:47:36 and when converted it showed 4:43:45.. after the orig time the movie remains black and thr is also noo sound.. but the quality is the same as the orig.. whr can i get the tut for this cos iam new for this type of job..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
dreams said:
Will post it here afters in the correct section.. BTW i d/l the s/w and used AVP to convert.. it runs for exactly 1:47:36 and when converted it showed 4:43:45.. after the orig time the movie remains black and thr is also noo sound.. but the quality is the same as the orig.. whr can i get the tut for this cos iam new for this type of job..

Hmmm....Sorry for the late reply pal...Anyways I didnt kinda understand your problem here.Could you exactly give the details as to how you went about this whole conversion process????

The step to step conversion guide can be found out here
*www.videohelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

The sound problem can be rectified via this process
*www.videohelp.com/divxtovcd.htm#audio

OP
dreams

dreams

Gracias Senor
allwyndlima said:
dreams said:

Hmmm....Sorry for the late reply pal...Anyways I didnt kinda understand your problem here.Could you exactly give the details as to how you went about this whole conversion process????

The step to step conversion guide can be found out here
*www.videohelp.com/tmpgenc.htm

The sound problem can be rectified via this process
*www.videohelp.com/divxtovcd.htm#audio

These lincs are awesome and easy 2 understand.. thnx m8..

mamba

In the zone
yeah vcd format is a lossy 1 , but u dont have much options . so . i suggest u use avi2dvd . suggest the output source as cd , n u r on ur way 2 make vcd images , which can b burned thru nero or ne other s/w ur using 4 burning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom