Building a New Gaming/video editing PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
^^^

u should syat that to local dealers.they will go postal. they say intel is the best. mine is intel though.not a OC'er

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
now its final I'm going with

MotherBoard:: MSI P45 NEO2 FR -(8350 INR)
CPU:: INTEL Q 9300 (13,400 INR)
RAM:: 4 GB (2800 INR)
CABINET:: COOLERMASTER 334 (1850 INR)
SMPS:: COOLERMASTER RP-600-PCAR 600WATT (3400 INR)
GPU:: PALIT HD 4870 SONIC 512MB ( 17700 INR)
TV TUNER:: PINNACLE PCTV SET PRO PCI (7350 INR)
HDD: SEGATE 1 TB 32MB BUFFER (6900)
TOTAL::61750 INR

I hope this is great configuration and I'll not need to upgrade my pc for next 3 years :D
one final suggestion I want about my this config,

GO ahead:):)

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
I called nehru place to my dealer and he said wait 3 day for intel's i7. after its release price of all intel's cpu will down. what you guys think?

all2005

Broken In
try to purchase a cpu named "Athlon FX" 74 or higer. FX is dedicated to gaming. you may purchase it from "avnet india limited". remember it should be fit into a 940 socket(am2+) m/b.

try to purchase a MSI diamond/platinum/sli series motherboard and gigabyte cabinet and smps from priya limited.their after sale service is very good.

try to purchase a msi ati 4870/nvidia card from arco engineering.their price and service is satisfactory for end users.

you will find all address by searching through google.

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
try to purchase a cpu named "Athlon FX" 74 or higer. FX is dedicated to gaming. you may purchase it from "avnet india limited". remember it should be fit into a 940 socket(am2+) m/b.

try to purchase a MSI diamond/platinum/sli series motherboard and gigabyte cabinet and smps from priya limited.their after sale service is very good.

try to purchase a msi ati 4870/nvidia card from arco engineering.their price and service is satisfactory for end users.

you will find all address by searching through google.
you mean intel' Q9300 isn't good ?

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ hahaha. Intel quad core shows 1.5x to 2x times performance over AMD's FX or X2 series at native speeds.

if you can wait for Nehalem release, wait. nothing to be lost.

For TV Tuner, first get the Tech-Com internal tuner for 650 bucks. I bought that recently for my STB and I do think that it is more than enough to watch TV on PC. If that ain't enough you can ask the dealer to replace it with PCTV digital TV tuner card. this way you save 6k atleast.

ask the dealer not to give bill for tech-com tuner initially. If it's satisfying, get the bill for it else go for Pinnacle tv card.

OP
M

myhotdog

Journeyman
^^ hahaha. Intel quad core shows 1.5x to 2x times performance over AMD's FX or X2 series at native speeds.

if you can wait for Nehalem release, wait. nothing to be lost.

For TV Tuner, first get the Tech-Com internal tuner for 650 bucks. I bought that recently for my STB and I do think that it is more than enough to watch TV on PC. If that ain't enough you can ask the dealer to replace it with PCTV digital TV tuner card. this way you save 6k atleast.

ask the dealer not to give bill for tech-com tuner initially. If it's satisfying, get the bill for it else go for Pinnacle tv card.
I'm doing same

U jus get that procc, and don't deviate again
right, I don't wanna confuse again between amd and intel :p I selected intel

Last edited:

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
now its final I'm going with

MotherBoard:: MSI P45 NEO2 FR -(8350 INR)
CPU:: INTEL Q 9300 (13,400 INR)
RAM:: 4 GB (2800 INR)
CABINET:: COOLERMASTER 334 (1850 INR)
SMPS:: COOLERMASTER RP-600-PCAR 600WATT (3400 INR)
GPU:: PALIT HD 4870 SONIC 512MB ( 17700 INR)
TV TUNER:: PINNACLE PCTV SET PRO PCI (7350 INR)
HDD: SEGATE 1 TB 32MB BUFFER (6900)
TOTAL::61750 INR

I hope this is great configuration and I'll not need to upgrade my pc for next 3 years :D
one final suggestion I want about my this config,

go ahead and make the purchase unless you are waitin for core i7

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Lowest will be 13k approx... so pretty costly. Also considering the price of mobo and DDR3 RAM, its best to go with C2Qs.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
core i7 reviews are out.

sisoft sandra and everest shows that it's on a whole new level when compared to core2Quad.

Start real world tests like video encoding, ripping and zipping.

Video encoding: yes, they are blazing fast.

Word is that core i7 920, the cheapest processor will be priced at probably around $315 on the street.

I think it will be the processor to eye for.

Q9450 (18k is the current price) is no match for 920. It's neck-to-neck with 920 in gaming but when it comes to video encoding and in tasks that fully utilize multi core processors, it's way behind 920.

This is going to make life even worse for AMD as the 920 is 1.5x to 2x times faster than the fastest AMD phenom quad core.

But but but but

don't get excited.

the mobo and RAM for core i7 costs a bomb right now.

My prediction is that core i7 will start dictating terms from February or so. It is a very tricky situation for those who want to buy h/w now.

core i7 need a new socket.

so, if you have a budget of 30k, just wait for Q9300's price to come down a little bit and grab it.

I don't think you will be able to get core i7 anytime soon with that budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.