Building a HTPC at 20K

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Doesn't bit but make faces like this while watching a movie in HTPC:- :nanananana:

;)

@Death_Knight

How's the performance of the speakers?

vaibhav23

In the zone
Went to the market. Alas, couldn't find FSP or the MoBo I was looking. AMD 440 was replaced by 445. So, finally it overshoot the budget. Here's the configuration I bought (from Vedant, Kolkata):

CPU: AMD AthlonII X3 445 @ 3400+
MB: MSI 880GM-E35 @ 3500+
HDD: Seagate 1TB @ 2625+
RAM: Used my existing Corsair XMS3 2x2GB

[Bought 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2475+ each for my desktop :-D]
ODD: LG @ 925+
Cabby: CM Elite 360 @ 1900+
PSU: Corsair CX430 @ 2452+
Speaker: Logitech Z506 @ 4000+
KB & Mouse: Logitech MK260 (wireless) @ 1050+
UPS: Microtek 625VA @ 1525+

The Cabinet came with one CM 120mm fan. Added another 120mm from CM.
Will post the pics soon.

Congrats for your purchase
Just wanted to know whether the cx430 you have bought is the new version 2

OP
Death_Knight

Death_Knight

True Evil Never Dies
Congrats for your purchase. Nice config, price of the speakers is awesome. One question, why Microtek UPS, why not APC? Another thing, is the logo of the cabby removable?

Doesn't bit but make faces like this while watching a movie in HTPC:- :nanananana:

;)

@Death_Knight

How's the performance of the speakers?
Thanks... I was surprised by the speaker price too! :-o
The performance and the quality of the product is very good. The cords are thicker and longer compared to my Creative T6100. The Sub-woofer also boasts auxillary input options, a must have feature for HTPC. The TV is connected with it.

Microtek UPS is good among the local brands and cheaper compared to APC. It suits better considering the very low frequency of power cuts here.

The logo can be rotated to suit the horizontal or the vertical arrangement of the cabby. So, it is attached with a screw and spring from behind. I think it can be removed, though it would leave a hole in front. No need to remove for me.
A superb rig! Especially the Vengeance part! :D
Also the Z506 price is very good!!

Did u try to unlock the elusive fourth core yet?
Plz post some CPUZ & GPUZ screenies ;)

Haven't got the time to do the tweaks, u know the machine doesn't stay at my home. Will post in the coming week.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks... I was surprised by the speaker price too! :-o
The performance and the quality of the product is very good. The cords are thicker and longer compared to my Creative T6100. The Sub-woofer also boasts auxillary input options, a must have feature for HTPC. The TV is connected with it.

Microtek UPS is good among the local brands and cheaper compared to APC. It suits better considering the very low frequency of power cuts here.

The logo can be rotated to suit the horizontal or the vertical arrangement of the cabby. So, it is attached with a screw and spring from behind. I think it can be removed, though it would leave a hole in front. No need to remove for me.

Nice. When I will build my HTPC if I can't go for Z5500 then this will be the alternate choice. Regarding logo, actually I would prefer a cleaner look in front of a HTPC cabinet, any cabinet actually. That's one negative point for CM cabbies in my book.

Top Bottom