building a gaming cpu

adityabhoi007

Right off the assembly line
i am building only a gaming cpu. my budget is 45k.please help me

1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)

A: performance gaming

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?

A:i am only open for branded products

3. What is your MAX budget?

A:45k

4. Planning to overclock?

A: maybe

5. Which OS are you planning to use?

A:windows 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?

A:500gb

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?

A:i dont want any monitor.

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)

A:3

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

A:no its first time.

10. When are you planning to buy the system?

A:january

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

A:for 2 to 3 yrs

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

A:mouse,lan card,sound card,monitor,keyboard,ups.

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

A:mumbai. no i am not.

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

A: nothing

please help me.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Intel Core i5 760 - 9.4k
Gigabyte GA-P55M-UD2 - 6.5k
GSkill DDR3 2x2GB 1600MHz - 3.6k
Sapphire HD 6870 - 14.5k
Seagate 500GB HDD - 1.8k
LG DVD writer - 0.9k
CM Elite 310 - 1.5k
Corsair VX550W - 4.5k
This should come up to 43.2k!!

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Wait if u will buy in jan. Sandybridge coming up. It will be worth a wait. Also which monitor u have and at what resolution u will play.?

Clever ishu;)

OP
A

adityabhoi007

Right off the assembly line
you caught me guys. J.singh i am not going to buy a monitor.but i am going to play latest games at 1280*800 resolution in high setting.thank you guys for your suggestions.

abirthedevil

In the zone
well the thing is you dont need a 6870 for that resolution, you can buy a 5770 for the moment

But if you decide to get a full HD monitor later the 5770 wont cut it anymore and you would need to get a better card anyway, i suggest ditch the display and a bigger one along with the 6870

Last edited:
Top Bottom