Budget Phone @ 3K - Requirements included :D

Phenomenal

Broken In
Hey,
I want to buy a cell-phone since my current phone got bricked.

Requirements are :
Budget : 3K since i'll be buying a new phone later.

a)Good call quality (personal experiences would be good to know)
b)Dual-SIM
c)Good Battery Life (at least 1.5 days - 4hrs of calling+3hrs of music+50sms X 2 SIMs)
d)Reliable Service (after sales in Mumbai)
e)SD Card Support (upto 16GB)
f)Music - playlists,decent quality speaker/vibration (for ringtones/vibration-mode in crowded trains)
e)WiFi -> gr8 if it's available,not expected.
f)WhatsApp preferred too,FB not reqd.

Don't know if I'm expecting too much @ this price.
But if there are better phones for an extra 500-1K,kindly suggest them as well.

Also should i consider other brands like MMX,Samsung,etc...no clue about their quality for this range of phones.

Current Options :
Nokia 108,130,215,225 (got mixed reviews for each model,so it's confusing)

Also considering Gionee L800 as suggested by a member.

Can purchase both online/offline.

gamefreak4770k

Journeyman
You could check out the old galaxy star out in the stores

my friend bought like 3months ago in shimla

- - - Updated - - -

For 3.2k

sorry it was galaxy neo y duos or something with 2.3 gingerbread running

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I agree with Saiyangoku
if you want something absolutely reliable and vfm-
Nokia Lumia 530 Dual Sim Price in India - Buy Nokia Lumia 530 Dual Sim White 4 Online - Nokia : Flipkart.com
Lumia 530 Dual sim is awesome!!
I bought 6 of these 2 months ago for our business employees,very very reliable,smooth,sturdy and its shocking that it can run so much for the price

- - - Updated - - -

Iris Win1 is also good (like Goku suggested)
*www.flipkart.com/lava-iris-win1/p/itmefwzhdwwkfb2g?pid=MOBEFWZJR5SGP3QW&ref=L%3A5393980539427373691&srno=p_1&query=iris+win1&otracker=from-search

even though its a rebranded indian phone,its actually pretty well built and even offers Lumia 530 Ds a run for its money

Priced at 4k exactly

- - - Updated - - -

You could check out the old galaxy star out in the stores

my friend bought like 3months ago in shimla

- - - Updated - - -

For 3.2k

sorry it was galaxy neo y duos or something with 2.3 gingerbread running

not worth it ,deadly laggy phones and its probably even better to use the landline no kidding
my friend had it

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
spice dream uno for 3999 on flipkart, not bad at all, see if you get some cashback offer also

- - - Updated - - -

or spend 499 more and get honor bee for 4499 with better spec

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
It's 3k guys

Landline or feature phone is still better even for basic operations
the phones you mentioned are ultra slow

- - - Updated - - -

spice dream uno for 3999 on flipkart, not bad at all, see if you get some cashback offer also

- - - Updated - - -

or spend 499 more and get honor bee for 4499 with better spec

not worth it
display,UI,usability is poor
Lumia,Iris Win1 are way smoother and better
^^Talking about Uno

Huawei Bee is decent

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
iris win 1 is not available anymore, i sent many emails to lava for this, but its been discountinued to favour sale of other mobiles from microsoft and nokia

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
@Phenomenal - i started using uno 2 days back finally (was bought about a week or more back). won't certainly say its poor in UI, display, useability, handling, and such; its very fluid & smooth (stock-android & with 'google now' launcher), non-laggy, user-friendly and display is good too for the price; call-quality is clear and loud; battery-life is very good as well (lasted about 2 days for me on with wifi kept ON, but no dual-sims and calling/sms, before i decided to charge it). albeit haven't used it to watch videos as that was not the purpose of buying it, so didn't bother with it. although ofcourse this was my impression on using it all alone on itself, without comparison to any phones either in the same price-segment or beyond it. but just because of the dubious service the Indian companies 'offer' (though read spice did replace phones for some on issues) and you are concerned about it, then you may forfeit it. but even just as a back-up phone it will be very good. since you are at Mumbai, we could meet up somewhere sometime if you want to check the phone.

honor bee could also be a good option. and for windows check what kkn13 has suggested.

@Skyh3ck - so you decided on any phone? :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
@Phenomenal - i started using uno 2 days back finally (was bought about a week or more back). won't certainly say its poor in UI, display, useability, handling, and such; its very fluid & smooth (stock-android & with 'google now' launcher), non-laggy, user-friendly and display is good too for the price; call-quality is clear and loud; battery-life is very good as well (lasted about 2 days for me on with wifi kept ON, but no dual-sims and calling/sms, before i decided to charge it). albeit haven't used it to watch videos as that was not the purpose of buying it, so didn't bother with it. although ofcourse this was my impression on using it all alone on itself, without comparison to any phones either in the same price-segment or beyond it. but just because of the dubious service the Indian companies 'offer' (though read spice did replace phones for some on issues) and you are concerned about it, then you may forfeit it. but even just as a back-up phone it will be very good. since you are at Mumbai, we could meet up somewhere sometime if you want to check the phone.

honor bee could also be a good option. and for windows check what kkn13 has suggested.

@Skyh3ck - so you decided on any phone? :mrgreen:

not yet, i think many new phones are coming with good specs at below 5k category, 1gb and 8gb is going to be basic things in mobile in few months

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
not yet, i think many new phones are coming with good specs at below 5k category, 1gb and 8gb is going to be basic things in mobile in few months

alright. though you could've bought an android one or windows device for less than 5k; i recently started using the former and finding it to be really good at that price.

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
i think i will either buy Lava Iris win 1 or ZTE Blade Qlux 4G, phones are getting cheper day by day

Skyh3ck

Cyborg Agent
honor bee will have some serious competition from ZTE Blade Qlux 4G, it has better sepc with 4g, also more phones will come below 5k with 4g and almost same spec, honor bee could have provided a 64 bit mediatek processor with at least 2000 mah battery, it would have been better than, but they will surely get some competition now,

Top Bottom