Budget Pen(Graphics) tablet required

TheLetterD

Will Power
I need an entry level Pen/Graphics Tablet for : Basic Designing, Drawing Cartoons (Amateur Cartoonist here :) )
My budget is Rs. 4000

Also, I need to know what is the diff. between an entry level one like this, and a professional tablet for 12-13K, is it just the tablet size?
And can I use my iPad 1 instead of a graphic tablet?
Please help! :confused:

setanjan123

In the zone
There is Domoslate N8 , Domoslate X12 and the upcoming OLPC XO 3.0. They are all around 100 $ more or less. These tabs lack some features like GPS or bluetooth. They all run android os nd u can get plenty of apps for ur work. The more expensive tabs may have bigger screens bt mainly they hv better build quality n features. Only a hardcore user may need those bt features b t u wil do wid the cheap tabs.

OSxSnowLeopard

Journeyman
Deepends on what type of work and task one have and which software you are using for work. But still no to iPad, only if you are making some school or class/college level of work for the concept purpose. I my self preffer hand sketch and then use its scan(for stills) then edit it as require on software. For verry basic work it is best to use mouse it will work far better than small or medium size tablets with or without screens. I have intuos4(medium)used it for like one week then packed it back and went back to mouse and pencils.-)

P.S: Get a good mouse pad and mouse feets intead for some better accuracy on working with any level and amount of resolution.

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
you can buy wacom bamboo one pen
medium size which costs 3.7k
i have it, its quite nice. 1024 pressure levels and works with all painting tools like photo shop, painter, sai, etc.
where are you going to buy it from?
look for the authorized Sellers from the wacom website.

OP
TheLetterD

TheLetterD

Will Power
Im going to buy it from Chandigarh... Hmm
Its just a hobby Im interested in, its not for school/professional work.
Anyways! Thanks!

Gollum

Collector
I'm also not a professional. but trust me dude. drawing with a tablet is really difficult task. but if you get used to of it then you can do miracles with it.

Top Bottom