Budget PC for 25k..or..Laptop for 80k

ritvij

rated R
guys i have a dell xps 15 (i3 380M {2.8Ghz}, 4gb ram, 640 hdd, gt 420M gpu)
i will be joining symbiosis institute of tech this july! will my dell see me through the next 4 years? if so, then i need to build a rig for 25k before i leave..

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: home use with heavy net usage moderate gaming on the likes of fifa 13, cod, max payne 3 and some other FPSes..

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 25k.. can add 2-3k more

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: no

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: win 7 64 bit

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: depends on the price.. even a 320 will do else if 500 is cheaper then will go for it

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: yes. a 22" is preferred full hd.. if something cheaper then a 20" will do..

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: keyboard, mouse, cabinet, psu(have a 300W one.. will it do?)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: before first week of july

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: have built one.. will do again

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Gorakhpur. Can't buy locally as no reliable vendors. Will buy everything online!

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i just need a pc for my bro and dad at home.. no heavy duty stuff.. a good graphics card is preferred but that can be added a year later even.. i need a pc that doesn't slow down on moderate usage scenarios!

otherwise, i need to buy a new laptop in the range of 80k.. will be used for all college work and gaming! was thinking of alienware m14x

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, either 25K desktop or 80K Laptop???????? Isn't it little confusing...whether you want both or any of 'em. If the later then why not spend 40K-50K for the Desktop instead of the 80K laptop?

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
Buddy, either 25K desktop or 80K Laptop???????? Isn't it little confusing...whether you want both or any of 'em. If the later then why not spend 40K-50K for the Desktop instead of the 80K laptop?

a 50k desktop wont be necessary for home usage.. i will either take my dell with me to college and leave a 25k rig at home or else will buy a 80k lappie and leave dell at home!

Baker

Albicelestes
a 50k desktop wont be necessary for home usage.. i will either take my dell with me to college and leave a 25k rig at home or else will buy a 80k lappie and leave dell at home!

actually it works in opposite way...... buy an good desktop and keep it in home .... and buy decent economical lap and carry to college....

Minion

Conversation Architect
ritvij,

your dell xps is more than enough for your college .buying alienware would be worst decision they are too expensive for what they offer they are for show off people save your money and buy a 40k desktop will let you do all your work.

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R
then i am ditching a laptop for later..
now coming to a desktop. can anyone suggest me components under 30k plzz..

Minion

Conversation Architect
Processor:AMD Phenom II 960T 6k
Motherboard:Asus M5A88M AM3+ 5.4k
RAM:Corsair DDR3 4GB value Ram-1.2k
GPU:Sapphire 6670 5k
Optical drive:Asus DRW-24B3ST1.1k
Case:CM Elite 310 1.7k
PSU:Corsair CX v2 430 2.3k
monitor: Dell ST2220L 8k
Total:30,700

OP
ritvij

ritvij

rated R

did you even read my first post? i have answered all of them!...:x:x

thanks.. btw, what's the difference between corsair ram and g skill rip jaws??
will this GPU handle games at HD and some older games of COD at FHD?

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Sorry, I posted in a wrong thread. The GPU may handle games at low settings . The Difference Between Them is that they are different Manufacturers . They both are @ 1.6 GHZ @ 1.5V .

phil2097

Broken In

a good option but The phenom 960T has limited availability try at flipkart i bought it from there @6.9k else get a decent phenom II560 BE cpu and bring the overall price down as it will give even performance ratio to ATI HD6670
i will recommend a proper AM3+ motherboard for any future upgrade options. The asus M5A88M is a bios flash upgrade, don't know its reliability, personally i would stay away

you can also get a BenQ gd2220 for 7.2k but not sure online prices will be the same or not...
hope it helps

thanks.. btw, what's the difference between corsair ram and g skill rip jaws??
will this GPU handle games at HD and some older games of COD at FHD?

if you are refering to the specific Corsair Value Select ram which was recommended earlier and Gskill Ripjaws you are refering to, then its the presence of Heat spreaders on the GSkill Module which helps dissipate the heat more evenly and faster.

oh! and besides the GSkill Ripjawslooks nice!! :doublethumb:

Top Bottom