Budget Gaming PC, built around HD 6770

ajaymailed

In the zone
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Should be able to play all latest games with high details at 1360 x 768 and future games upto 2 years at medium to low settings

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: I already have monitor, DVD Drive, Speakers.

Total Budget- 25K for GPU, CPU,PSU, Mobo, RAM, Case & HDD.
I divided it like this
Graphic Card+ PSU- 10K
CPU+ Mobo- 7 to 8K
Memory- 1.5K
Case- as lowest as possible
Hard Drive- as lowest as possible- I don't want get terabyte hard drives with high prices right now. 250GB will be gud enough. Already have a 1 TB external hard drive.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7 and XP.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 250GB is gud enough.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I have 19 inch monitor, with resolution 1360 x 768.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: I already have monitor, DVD Drive, Speakers.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: In less than a month

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I have built desktop before, can assemble myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Hyderabad. buying at Chenoy Trade Centre.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Primary requirement is to build budget gaming system around Graphic card which can play all the latest games at high details at 1360X768 and play future games upto 2 years at medium to low settings. I don't want a situation where i cannot play future games at even lowest settings atleast 2 years from now.
Thats why i am spending most of money on Graphic Card+ PSU. Cheapest possibe CPU+Mobo which doesn't bottleneck gaming performance.

I have HD 6770 in my mind. But if there is a better card which i can get in my budget (25K) then it would be gr8.

Cilus

laborare est orare
AMD Phenom II X4 955BE @ 6K
GIGABYTE GA-880GM-D2H Rev 3.1 @ 3.8K
Corsair 4GBX1 1333 MHz DDR3 Value Ram @ 1.1K
Any Normal Big Cabinet without PSU @ 1K
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K
MSI HD 6850 1GB Power Edition/OC @ 9K (Spring Refresh: The Mighty MSI (AMD) Radeon 7970 and Other GPU's at SMC... - TechEnclave)

Total: 23.9K. I think now with the extra money, get the better board, Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K
MSI HD 6850 1GB Power Edition/OC @ 9K (Spring Refresh: The Mighty MSI (AMD) Radeon 7970 and Other GPU's at SMC... - TechEnclave)

Total: 23.9K. I think now with the extra money, get the better board, Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 @ 4.8K
I was really surprised to see HD 6850 & Phenom II X4 in my budget. But Hard Disk is missing in the configuration.

Athlon II X3/X4 for 4K
Mobo for 3.8K
500 GB HDD for 4K
PSU for for 3K
4 GB Memory for 1.1K
HD 6850 for 9.1K

Another option would be get Phenom II X4 for 6K, HD 6770 for 7.2K, FSP II Saga 500W.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If Athlon II X4 are available in your locality then grab it. But AFAIK, AMD has stopped manufacturing those processors and they are no more available in market, both in street shops or in the Online shops.

Mr.V, X6 1055T is not that good for gaming. Also overclocking it is little tougher as it is a non Black Edition processor.

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
If Athlon II X4 are available in your locality then grab it. But AFAIK, AMD has stopped manufacturing those processors and they are no more available in market, both in street shops or in the Online shops.
if i cannot get Athlon X4 then what is the best processor at 4K price?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
ask for Phenom II X4 840. that should cost 4.5k or maybe less if available.

or try this config:
AMD A6 3650 @ 6344
Gigabyte GA-A55M-S2V @ 3536
Corsair DDR3 4 GB @ 1131
WDC 500Gb @ 4k [online shops quote ~5k]
MSI HD6850 @ 8700
local cabby @ 1k
Corsair CX430W @ 2348

TOTAL: 27k. you may opt for 250Gb HDD and get the config at 25k. just at your budget.

though the config given by Cilus is better. just change PSU and get a 250Gb HDD and it'll be under your budget too.

Sam777

Broken In
Great config here cilus! :)
He can get the X6 1055T also! :)

1055T is actually slower than 955 in games due to less clock speed.(3.2>2.8)
it is not a black edition processor so overclocking is not easy.

AnandTech - Bench - CPU

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone

or try this config:
AMD A6 3650 @ 6344
Corsair DDR3 4 GB @ 1131
MSI HD6850 @ 8700
local cabby @ 1k
Corsair CX430W @ 2348

TOTAL: 27k. you may opt for 250Gb HDD and get the config at 25k. just at your budget.

though the config given by Cilus is better. just change PSU and get a 250Gb HDD and it'll be under your budget too.
How much will a 250GB HDD cost. 2K?

Souro_Ray

In the zone
More like 2.5K, actually. Ever been to a dhaba and ordered tandoori chicken? You wont really find a whole tandoori chicken costing Rs. 150 and half tandoori chicken costing Rs. 75, will you? The half will always cost around Rs. 85 or Rs. 90. Same concept, just replace tandoori chicken with hard drives ;)

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone

or try this config:
AMD A6 3650 @ 6344
Corsair DDR3 4 GB @ 1131
MSI HD6850 @ 8700
local cabby @ 1k
Corsair CX430W @ 2348

will the GPU in AMD A6 add to the graphics performance of Discrete card while gaming?
how much difference in graphics will be there with A6 3650+ HD 6850 and Phenom II X4 955 BE + HD 6850?

i was thinking if Athlon II X4s are disappearing from market, then instead of going for Athlon X3 or X2, better get Phenom II X4 or AMD A6 or Core i3 at 6K mark.

Cilus

laborare est orare
If u r planning to get gfx card over HD 6670 then there is no point of getting a A6 processor as the igp will be completely disabled. Only with 6670 or lower version, it will work in hybrid cf mode. So 955 + 6850 is always a better option.

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
If u r planning to get gfx card over HD 6670 then there is no point of getting a A6 processor as the igp will be completely disabled. Only with 6670 or lower version, it will work in hybrid cf mode. So 955 + 6850 is always a better option.
ok then no AMD APUs.

I have asked this question before in mobile phone forums , Am i going to get company warranty if i purchased online?, will support be similar to purchasing at local stores?

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have asked this question before in mobile phone forums , Am i going to get company warranty if i purchased online?, will support be similar to purchasing at local stores?

yes. most service center guys don't even look for bill. they just check the serial number in case of motherboard, GPU, etc. most peoples here have brought stuffs online.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Still it is good to keep the bill because the warranty then starts from the date of purchase. Otherwise, it will start from the manufacturing date of the product. So keeping the bills sometimes might provide you couple of month's extra warranty

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
yes. most service center guys don't even look for bill. they just check the serial number in case of motherboard, GPU, etc. most peoples here have brought stuffs online.
thanks for the info. I somehow am bit of afraid of buying gadgets online, that i may be cheated. Are there any list of websites which we should avoid buying at? or list of trusted & reliable shopping sites?

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Reliable Sites : TheITwares Ecommerce , SMC international , Theitdepot - India's First IT Online Shopping Store , Shop Online for Computer Hardware - Hardwire.in , Today's Cool Deal ! , TechShop.in - Buy Tech Online Now!!! and lastly eBay India - Online Shopping Mall: Free Auctions, Shop/Buy/Sell Mobiles, Cameras, Apparel, Computers, Bollywood Clothes & Indian Products

I had ordered items from all these shops and they're very reliable and accurate. You can easily buy any electronic items from them without any hassle Or i say Trouble free shopping :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Still it is good to keep the bill because the warranty then starts from the date of purchase. Otherwise, it will start from the manufacturing date of the product. So keeping the bills sometimes might provide you couple of month's extra warranty

i was just giving an example. bill is given with all purchases but most service center guys don't ask for the same.

thanks for the info. I somehow am bit of afraid of buying gadgets online, that i may be cheated. Are there any list of websites which we should avoid buying at? or list of trusted & reliable shopping sites?

online shopping has improved a lot in the last few years. i have brought more than 40k worth of PC related stuff online from ITWares, flipkart & SMCI nternational (most trusted shop).

OP
A

ajaymailed

In the zone
thankx for the info Sam and for websitesashis
Corsair CX500 V2 @ 3K

my hard disk headache got finally solved, my friend agreed to give his 250 GB HDD. So i can afford this configuration afteralll .:doublethumb:

if i can replace Corsair CX 500 V2 with FSP Saga II 500W, i can save 800. I can still spend 2000 more and still be under budget.

Shall i get better gigabyte motherboard for 4.8K as cilus says or 4GB 1600 Mhz DDR3 or 8 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3 or may be Phenom II X4 975 or HD 6870?
Where is that extra 2000 well spent to improve gaming performance.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
instead of FSP Saga II 500W go for Corsair CX430W or maybe the newly released VS450W. extra warranty at almost no extra cost.

keep the board same. so either go for 6870 or 960T or 970T (it may get unlocked to 6core).

Top Bottom