Budget Desktop pc for 20k Max

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Hey guys, So i am helping a friend of mine who is looking to buy a new computer just for entry work and internet.It is for his own company and he doesnt want any gaming or anything whatsoever.His requirement will basically be using the microsoft office and internet browsing and some data entry work.Could you guys pls recommend a setup at this price

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Answer this first - *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...new-pc-help-answer-these-questions-first.html

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: No games nothing.Just simple internet browsing and office work.Will involve using microsoft office and some data entry work.Thats all

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: 20k..Max

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: No

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Win 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: Not more than 500gb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: Yes..Any would do..no preference for full hd..Whatever fits the budget

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Dvd writer

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: By next week

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: will be assembled personally..

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: This person i am helping lives in Bangalore..yes open to buying online

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
nope..

it would also be great if someone could tell me where to order it from in bangalore

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Intel G2010/2020 - rs 3800

Gigabyte H61 s2p mobo - rs 3000

Corsair value select ram 2gb - rs 1300

Wd cavier blue 500gb - rs 3100

Dell In1930 led - rs 5500

Logitech keyboard & mouse mk200 - rs 800

Antec Bp300w psu - rs 1700

Any local cabinet - rs 800

Total - rs 20,000

This rig is more than enough for your needs.:)

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
pentium g2020 - 3.5k
gigabyte ga-b75m-d3h- 4.2k
corsair value select 4gb-2.2k
wd blue 500 gb - 3k
dell in2030 - 6.5k
antec bp300p - 1.9k
logitech mk200 - 0.8k
local cabby - 0.7k

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Thank you rjinpk1 for the specs..Do you know any cheap online stores or local markets in bangalore as well?

Edit:-Sry Ashish didn't see yours before..Some small changes now..Are there any 17inch monitors for cheap..Also if the budget is extended to 23k,Can i get an I3 in this budget then??

Last edited:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Thank you rjinpk1 for the specs..Do you know any cheap online stores or local markets in bangalore as well?

for online purchase look at primeabgb,mdcomputers,theitdepot,smcinternational,theitwares, infibeam(for antecbp300p psu.). get from wherever cheaper.
for local shops, never forget to visit at ankit infotech and golchaa it in sp road.

was wondering..do dell have any cheap 19 inch monitor which would be cheaper?

dell in1930.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
@rjinpk1..Sry edited later.. need one 17 inch cheap monitor...

Edit:-Sry Ashish didn't see yours before..Some small changes now..Are there any 17inch monitors for cheap..Also if the budget is extended to 23k,Can i get an I3 in this budget then??

copied from above..sry

ASHISH65

Technomancer
@op try at local store you will get many 17 inch monitors easily from lg and acer.

Regarding i3 ,if you tasks are normal ,then pentium is more than enough.

i have used both pentium dual core and i3 at friends home and i can assure you there is 0% difference between then in normal usasge like browsing,tally..others.

OP
Ronnie11

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
@op try at local store you will get many 17 inch monitors easily from lg and acer.

Regarding i3 ,if you tasks are normal ,then pentium is more than enough.

i have used both pentium dual core and i3 at friends home and i can assure you there is 0% difference between then in normal usasge like browsing,tally..others.

Actually i have been trying to explain him the same..but he is saying he needs one to last atleast 4 years..also said there are few heavy softwares which might strain the comp..i am not too sure what softwares these are but insisting that an i3 should be the setup.Could you pls help with this?

How much do these lg monitors cost?the 17inch one?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Actually i have been trying to explain him the same..but he is saying he needs one to last atleast 4 years..also said there are few heavy softwares which might strain the comp..i am not too sure what softwares these are but insisting that an i3 should be the setup.Could you pls help with this?

How much do these lg monitors cost?the 17inch one?

for 17" it should be 4.5k.
i3 3220 costs 7.5k at present.

ASHISH65

Technomancer
Monitors will be around between 3.8k - 4.5 k

Intel i3 3210 - rs 7000

Gigabyte H61 s2p mobo - rs 3000

Corsair value select ram 4gb - rs 2300

Wd cavier blue 500gb - rs 3100

Any 17 inch lcd/led - rs 4000 -4500

Logitech keyboard & mouse mk200 - rs 800

Antec Bp300w psu - rs 1700