Budget CCTV Setup for Outdoors (should be DIY)

abhifusion

Broken In
Hi,

I want to install cctv in the parking on my building. With the recent event happened with my bike where almost all its wiring had been cut by some miscreant I cant depend upon the hopeless security provided by the society.

Lower it costs the better. Max I can spend right now is 5k.
I want feed to get downloaded on my PC thereby eliminating need of DVR.

Plan is to go with single camera for closed parking where I park my bike, but if needed i'll add another cam for the car which is parked in open.

Distance from cam to PC would be roughly 50 meters since I stay at the top floor of multistory building.

kARTechnology

Sony " VA" "IO"
Hi,

I want to install cctv in the parking on my building. With the recent event happened with my bike where almost all its wiring had been cut by some miscreant I cant depend upon the hopeless security provided by the society.

Lower it costs the better. Max I can spend right now is 5k.
I want feed to get downloaded on my PC thereby eliminating need of DVR.

Plan is to go with single camera for closed parking where I park my bike, but if needed i'll add another cam for the car which is parked in open.

Distance from cam to PC would be roughly 50 meters since I stay at the top floor of multistory building.

See if your laptop/phone can reach wifi signal from basement...if then ok, see below...

get IP camera
REal DIY and cheap too, no DVR, It has WiFi, you need to keep pc on at night. I feel Tenvis only has warranty in India, contact sellers for info...
ip camera tenvis | eBay

if you dont want to keep pc on at night and save power, then this: HD+Removable SD CARD
ip camera tenvis hd | eBay

list of models in tenvis and comparisions
Product Category of TENVIS IP/Network Wireless IP Camera

you can see its quality in youtube videos

Top Bottom