Budget based GPU,which one to choose?

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Which one will be a better choice???

ZOTAC NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 Synergy Edition 1 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

OR

HIS AMD/ATI Radeon HD 6450 2 GB DDR3 Graphics Card

Budget not to be extended beyond Rs.3600/-(INCLUSIVE ALL).

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Neither. Both of them are pathetically bad.

If you want some decent gaming experience, i suggest to up the budget a bit and grab the 6670 gddr3/gddr5(expensive by 1k) version.

*www.flipkart.com/his-amd-ati-radeo...AYFK&ref=7db3f5bc-85cc-478f-9a28-373298d515c5

*www.flipkart.com/his-amd-ati-radeo...EV9N&ref=d08dd5b3-4344-4013-8b60-a9c36cad494c

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Actually Friend I already marked that I am unable to spend beyond Rs.3600/-

AND I AM NOT A GAMER,which I've mentioned multiple times in multiple threads + posts in TDF.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
even if you arent gaming, recommending a DDR3 GPU when you can get a DDR5 GPU for just 1k more is kinda awkward..
Btw, If you are gonna do photoshop, after effects etc.. i think AMD has an edge over Nvidia.. im not sure though.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

even if you arent gaming, recommending a DDR3 GPU when you can get a DDR5 GPU for just 1k more is kinda awkward..
Btw, If you are gonna do photoshop, after effects etc.. i think AMD has an edge over Nvidia.. im not sure though.

I am a general user but a movie buff.I also learn OSS and programming....,for me HTPC is a good priority factor.

As fer as I know, GTX 620 is better performer than HD 6450.
Thank You Friend.
I was awaiting for this comment...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, if you can spend 300 bucks extra then pick up the GT 630 which is really a better choice.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^But already ordered the GT620 by ZOTAC from Flipkart(Rs.3571/-) on its way towards my Shipment address,confirmed by Flipkart.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
As fer as I know, GTX 620 is better performer than HD 6450.

even GT 520 is better than HD 6450 and it goes in this order : HD6450 GDDR5 > GT520 = GT610 > HD6450 DDR3

but seriously I want to see some GCNs around or below 3k ;-)

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

even GT 520 is better than HD 6450 and it goes in this order : HD6450 GDDR5 > GT520 = GT610 > HD6450 DDR3

but seriously I want to see some GCNs around or below 3k ;-)

The Sapphire Radeon HD 7730 1GB DDR5 is a hell of a card sporting the GCN architecture from AMD,but price is 60GBP which is Rs.5693/(approx.)

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Dafuk, ive never heard of a HD 7730 before.. is it a new launch ?
It can probably replace the HD 6670

Read here : Review: Sapphire Radeon HD 7730 1GB GDDR5 - Graphics - HEXUS.net

Also go through, topgear's link provided...

It is surely and truly replacing the Radeon HD 6670,but there is a catch :--->
But there's an APU Dual Graphics CrossFire compatibility issue to appreciate before discarding the 5- and 6-series entry-level GPUs. You see, AMD's latest desktop APU technology, dubbed Richland, uses the best integrated GPU on the market. Known as HD 8670D but based on the same VLIW5 architecture as the 5(6)xx parts, the IGP can only be paired-up with these older GPUs for increased performance; the HD 7730's GCN design is, sadly, incompatible in this instance.

Also Friends, just an Hour ago received my package of ZOTAC GeForce GT620 1GB DDR3 GPU from "FLIPKART"

Flipkart is truly a LEGEND.

Flipkart ROCKSSSSS....

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on your purchase ;-)

BTW, Kaveri's gpu core is going be compatible with the HD7730 for hybrid CF setup.

OP
kg11sgbg

kg11sgbg

^Thanks topgear.

Waiting for Kaveri APU based Laptop...........................

Top Bottom