Budget AMD custom build

babi1987

Right off the assembly line
One of my relatives is looking for a budget desktop solution in which he can perform everyday tasks like web browsing,word ,excel,play light occasional games,and watch videos. I have recommended the following components.

1.Processor-amd athlon II x2 270-3.4 GHz
2. Asus M5A78L-LX-V2 motherboard
3. Samsung dvd rw
4. 500 GB western digital caviar green/seagate 1 TB hard drive
5. 4 GB ddr3 1333 ram
6.HIS Fan 6670 1 GB ddr5 graphic card
7.Cabinet-Antec NSK 4480B cabinet
8.Cooler Master 80mm fan(1 no)
9.Power Supply-Corsair VS 450 .
Please share your valuable advice regarding this system and help me:lol:

WD green HDD is notorious for being unreliable . Go for WD blue @ 3.2k. Also please mention the budget. Also answer the following questions

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:

Last edited:
OP
B

babi1987

Right off the assembly line
Answer Those Questions and the config you have suggested them is very out of date...

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:My relative is going to use this for web browsing,word,excel,occasional gaming(like max Payne 3,nfs) and watching HD videos.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:25000-27500..

Ans:No

Ans:Win 7 64 Bit

Ans:500 GB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:No.He already has one Dell monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Monitor,mouse,speakers and the keyboard.

Ans:2-4 weeks.

Ans:assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:
I live in Kolkata.I will be sourcing the items from Flipkart and ITdepot.

sumalatha

Banned
Ans:My relative is going to use this for web browsing,word,excel,occasional gaming(like max Payne 3,nfs) and watching HD videos.

Ans:25000-27500..

Ans:Win 7 64 Bit

Ans:500 GB.

Ans:No.He already has one Dell monitor.

Ans:Monitor,mouse,speakers and the keyboard.

Ans:2-4 weeks.

Ans:assembler.

Ans:
I live in Kolkata.I will be sourcing the items from Flipkart and ITdepot.

Here goes your config:

AMD A10-5800k -8500,
Asus F2A55-M-LE -4800,
Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz 4GB -1500,
Corsair GS500 -3900,
NZXT Source 210 Elite -2900,
Asus 24B5ST DVD-RW -1000,
WD Caviar Blue 500GB -3100.

TOTAL -25,700.

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Intel Core I3 3225 @ 7.2k
Gigabyte GAB75M @ 4K
4 GB DDR3 Gskill RipJAWSx @ 1.7k
DVD RW- ASUS DRW24B5ST- 1k
PSU- Corsair CX430v2 - 2.3k
Cabinet - CM Elite310 - 1.8k
HDD- WD caviar blue 500GB 3.2k HD 7750 1 GB GDDR5 @ 6.5k
Total 28.5K.

@sumalatha
I see everywhere that you are suggesting an igp instead of a discrete Graphic Card where OP's requirement is pure gaming. Can you pls tell us why?

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
I think OP should go with i3 3220 @ 6.6K and save some money. There is no noticeable performance difference between i3 3225 and i3 3220 in CPU performance. Only i3 3225 comes with HD 4000 graphics. Since OP is getting a new GPU there is no need for a better IGP.

Top Bottom