My system just shows a bsod and restarts within 10 seconds after i start the system. Is this a problem of psu? Mine is an iball 450w... I will change it in a month anyhow, buying corsair. But i need to lnow the reason of bsod. Please help.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
There are a no. of reasons why BSODs occur
Id suggest you do the following:-
When the BSOD occurs, note down the error code and the file that caused it.. It should be a .sys file
When the computer restarts, post the error report to microsoft.. Mostly it fails but sometimes it can determine the cause of the BSOD (Like PXEngine failure etc)
Post the error code here and google it to get more info..
Also download coretemp and see the temperature of your CPU.. If it is above normal, you need to remount the heatsink
Lastly, run a memtest on your RAM
Hope it helps

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
Proccey: c2d 6600 2.4ghz
Mobo: intel 945gcnl
Ram:4gb (2+2)
Gpu: sapphire hd5670 1gb
Hdd: seagate barracuda 160gb
Seagate goflex 500gb
Keyboard &mouse: logitech combo, dunno the no. As it is 10 yrs old
Psu: iball 450watt

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
I checked hdd for bad sectors few days ago, there wasnt any. Also my hdd is making weird noises.

My system crashes in 10 secs and in safe mode its not allowing me to connect my datacard, helpless here.

TechnoHolic

Journeyman
Try to change the RAM..if you have 2 piece...
run with only 1 and if the same thing happen again try the other one..
(firstly use the single stick in two slots then pick the second RAM to test in the same way)

OP
B

bharat_14101991

bishes!!!
okay will try this later tonight and post the results

Cleaned while cabinet.... Changed the RAMs in their slots but no change... My system is still crashing.

I guess Something is wrong with my hdd... Its making weird noises... Like its trying to start but failing. And its also making that clicking sound. But i checked my hdd with seagate tools last week it was normal...

Cleaned while cabinet.... Changed the RAMs in their slots but no change... My system is still crashing.

I guess Something is wrong with my hdd... Its making weird noises... Like its trying to start but failing. And its also making that clicking sound. But i checked my hdd with seagate tools last week it was normal...

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if possible check the SMART staus of HDD and it may be due to faulty PSU for which HDD is not getting enough power hence the spindle is not spinning properly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you can boot into windows use softwares like HDtune, CrystalDisk etc. - if you can't boot into windows use seatools bootable version.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
but the ticking sound indicates that the spindle inside of the HDD is getting stuck - may be it's due to HDD malfunction or bad PSu, power cable, sata cable or sata port - if possible make sure these are OK.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Post the BSOD code to get appropriate help. Without the code, nothing can be said, other than assuming one thing after another.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Incase the computer automatically restarts, right click My computer, Go to Properties, Advanced System Settings, Under Startup and Recovery - Click Settings and Uncheck Automatically Restart

Next time error occurs, note down the error code and any associated .sys files with it.. and then post it here

Top Bottom