Status
Not open for further replies.

future

Broken In
Hi , i recently purchased the following rig ,

Amd phenom x6 1090t
asus m5a97
Gskill ripjaws 2x4gb 1600mhz

Now the problem is when test my system with prime95 , it remains stable for 3-4 hrs but when i stop the test , i get bsod IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error.

Even when i use pc for 7-8 hrs it remains stable but on idle , it gives same irql not less or equal errors.

I tried 1333mhz setting with 8-8-8-24 settings , as per gskill forum these are fail safe settings for am3 cpu , but at these 1333 mhz settings, i again get same bsod and after that dram red led lights up .

i have not overclocked anything , i dont no what the problem is? , i just want a stable system , plz help me guys.
thanks

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Test the ram modules with mem test app and make sure you have the latest bios version of the mobo and post a cpu-z screenshot.

sukant

Fragholic
I used to get the same error message. Issue was with my memory module. PC used to work fine for 1-2 hours and suddenly used to restart.

OP
future

future

Broken In
My cpu was set at 1.46v in bios , i reduced it to 1.35v , and i am not having any bsod till now.
i also ran memtest for 30 min , no errors seen.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ So it can be over heating which is the main reason behind those BSODs ( but how come it was stable for 7-8 hours then or prime test )-check your cpu idle and load temp using HWinfo app and post the screenshot in here and disable cool n quiet in Bios and set the windows power scheme to performance mode.

OP
future

future

Broken In
Earlier with prime95 , my max temp was 60 and 55 average. Hwmonitor shows 25-28 degrees on idle . I am using stock cooler.

But its been 2 days and i didnt get any irritating bsods .

I think my asus mobo messed up with the cpu voltage and ram latencies , which caused all the trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom