BSNL Junior Telecom Officers (JTO) Exam - Help Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
BSNL Junior Telecom Officers (JTO) Exam - Help Needed

Hi friends, JTO 2009 exam notification is already out ( *www.bsnl.co.in/Misc/jto2009.pdf ), I have some queries regarding the exam, kindly help me with the information you have:

1. The salary for this post is 9850 - 14,600. Can anyone tell me what's the Allowance? I heard that after adding allowance to the salary, the total amount becomes around 25k. Please clear this.
  2. It's written that if you got selected in the examination, than you have to sign a bond of 5 years with BSNL and BSNL can post you anywhere throughout India. Now lemme know ANYWHERE in INDIA means any village, town or only those cities which I mentioned as my priorities in the form?
Pls Clear, Help Appreciated :)

red_devil

Back!
  1. The salary for this post is 9850 - 14,600. Can anyone tell me what's the Allowance? I heard that after adding allowance to the salary, the total amount becomes around 25k. Please clear this.
  2. It's written that if you got selected in the examination, than you have to sign a bond of 5 years with BSNL and BSNL can post you anywhere throughout India. Now lemme know ANYWHERE in INDIA means any village, town or only those cities which I mentioned as my priorities in the form?

1. no clue. but i don't think the allowance will be > 10k

2. ANYWHERE == ANYWHERE. it can be any village/town/district HQ/state capital/whatever.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Yo Man Thanks for your reply :)

I also heard that the final salary after adding allowance is around 25k :)

If any TDF user has more information than pls provide

- Wishes :)

INS-ANI

In the zone
1) as far as i know the salary structure is like this a-b-c
where b is increment every year
a-basic
c-total(doubtful)
that comes to around 17k plus there may be some allowances.

2)If you score good enough, you will be placed in telecom circle of ur choice. u r supposed to give few choices.
as now telecom firms are expanding in villages, you may be posted there as well.

INS-ANI

In the zone
@mrintech
are you a final year ECE student?

beside there's a correction: the total JTO gross salary for an Honest Officer is approx Rs. 24k :)

anand1

In the zone
You will get starting Salary about 25 to 30K in hand after deducting amounts for Provident Funds etc. If you get posted in Metros or good Towns Salary may increase due to DA increase in Class 1 Towns.

When you fill up the form there are columns for you to write down the places of your choice of placements. If you score well in Written test the accordingly you will get placed. Yes one can get his placement in Remote areas and Villages.

But the fight this year is a bit tougher than the last year as no of applications for the post is almost doubled this year.
So Best of Luck dude and prepare well.

INS-ANI

In the zone
@mrintech
so i guess you a final year student.
Its gd fr me, coz i am a pre-final year student from ECE and gonna sit for the exam next year.. will seek advice from you.

Quick Question: Is a BSNL JTO really a good career option ? I mean, I know ECE and EEE friends who are looking at companies offering 35K-50K/month and above :shock:

Government JOBS Rockz Always :)
Just because of high Job Security ?

Because the last time I asked somebody in a government job (my dad, a few friends and a few parents of friends), I heard hard working people have no place in government jobs. There is not much incentive given for hard work in a government job, and both the hard worker and the lazy guy get the same pay. Thats the reason I have seen most bright people prefering private jobs.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Just because of high Job Security ?

Because the last time I asked somebody in a government job (my dad, a few friends and a few parents of friends), I heard hard working people have no place in government jobs. There is not much incentive given for hard work in a government job, and both the hard worker and the lazy guy get the same pay. Thats the reason I have seen most bright people prefering private jobs.
What are you currently studying/doing?

What are you currently studying/doing?
12th. Finished it. Still deciding which branch of engineering to take up nest. :smile:

The reason I asked you was because I need a good measure of the moolah value of jobs from each branch (marine engg, comp engg, mech engg, electrical engg, electronics engg, civil engg and telecom engg).

anand1

In the zone
[LEFT said:
MetalheadGautham[/left];1108411]Just because of high Job Security ?

Because the last time I asked somebody in a government job (my dad, a few friends and a few parents of friends), I heard hard working people have no place in government jobs. There is not much incentive given for hard work in a government job, and both the hard worker and the lazy guy get the same pay.
That'sthe reason I have seen most bright people preferringprivate jobs.

Even in Govt there are many jobs like ISRO, DRDO, DRDL, BARC, BEL, HAL, etc etc where one can work as a junior scientist or research engineer or test engineer. Many of the personals on Moon Mission of ISRO were people just like us only they are not
born somewhere else, they are just like us.

It all lies in our will if we want to serve for good cause or earn a lot without any cause of leading your live.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom