BSNL hijacking internet again?!

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
Yesterday at around 12pm or today morning 00am I was just browsing on my mobile Firefox. There were at least 5 - 6 tabs were open hence I had not seen the last few tabs. After reading the early tabs when I arrived at the last 2 I noticed that they were actually addressed *mail.bsnl.in/ and I did not remember clicking any advertisement to land this. After pressing the back button on those tabs I was taken back to some other intended webpage one of which was from Ars Technica.

However I did not see this behaviour later on. And I have not seen this happen on my desktop ever. Is this an isolated incident or has anyone else encountered this also?

I remember reading somewhere that BSNL had used similar trick about DSL speed limits or something.

TechnoBOY

Padawan
Yesterday at around 12pm or today morning 00am I was just browsing on my mobile Firefox. There were at least 5 - 6 tabs were open hence I had not seen the last few tabs. After reading the early tabs when I arrived at the last 2 I noticed that they were actually addressed *mail.bsnl.in/ and I did not remember clicking any advertisement to land this. After pressing the back button on those tabs I was taken back to some other intended webpage one of which was from Ars Technica.

However I did not see this behaviour later on. And I have not seen this happen on my desktop ever. Is this an isolated incident or has anyone else encountered this also?

I remember reading somewhere that BSNL had used similar trick about DSL speed limits or something.
Happened for me too. Is this kind of ad?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I think so, even the page that pops out when our FUP is over that too must be removed

That page erases the back history of the current page. Seriously, there should be a better way to get the message across.

Top Bottom