BSNL GPRS shows sudden rise in data transfer rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

adityaxone

Broken In
i use BSNL GPRS on Motorola L9 (USB modem through data cable), connected with 12MBps, and i usually get download speed varying from 11 to 16kBps.

well, recently i’ve noticed that whenever i open any program, the download speed abruptly increases to a high value!
See this snap-
*www.uploadgeek.com/thumb-6D5D_4B0A3B2A.jpg

it was captured when a mediafire file was being downloaded. and those two peak values I got when I opened utorrent program and WMP (37.6k on opening uTorrent and 79.8k for WMP).

this thing also happens when i open a folder containing high resolution snaps arranged in thumbnails. sometimes it rises to some 95kBps also.

That’s why i want to know if somehow I can tweak registry or some settings to continuously obtain such a high speed.

I’m on windows XP pro, SP 2, AMD sempron - 1.6GHz; with 736MB of RAM(512+256)

and yeah, I get full BSNL network with EDGE, use the latest modem drivers and have also tweaked that reserved bandwidth thing in group policy.
Thanks in advance :)

Gauravs90

geek........
You are not getting high speed

when you open up an application, it demands for more processing power so the downloading application gets lagged behind and to cap the lagging behind it shows more speed.

That's why the downloading application shows more speed when starting the download for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom