BSNL Broadband to offer minimum Internet Speed as '2Mbps'

Status
Not open for further replies.

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
WTF. This is so lame. ! gb won't last even an hour :mrgreen:

Actually 1GB will get downloaded in 1 Hour 8 minutes in ideal conditions. So it does last more than an hour. Title should be 'BSNL broadband to offer 2Mbps internet speed for 1 Hour and 8 minutes every month'

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
BSNL and other big telecom companies are curse to the Netizens
BSNL is not even a company, company is their to make profit and expand.. its there to burn public money ..

- - - Updated - - -

I think debating over BSNL here is not going to solve issue, rather nothing is going to solve this issue unless we come up with some idea like "Hardik Patel" did ... (ofcourse not for reservation here.. )

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
BSNL is not even a company, company is their to make profit and expand.. its there to burn public money ..

- - - Updated - - -

I think debating over BSNL here is not going to solve issue, rather nothing is going to solve this issue unless we come up with some idea like "Hardik Patel" did ... (ofcourse not for reservation here.. )
I agree, someone needs to take a step. Obviously, everyone else here will follow him but someone does need to start. Or we need to bring up this issue to someone who can.

$hadow

Geek in making
Actually 1GB will get downloaded in 1 Hour 8 minutes in ideal conditions. So it does last more than an hour. Title should be 'BSNL broadband to offer 2Mbps internet speed for 1 Hour and 8 minutes every month'
Wow you really have some ample amount of free time to research on that :lol:

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl

You the man!

Very very apt and succinct way of telling the truth behind this charade by BSNL.

"BSNL broadband to offer 2Mbps internet speed for 1 Hour and 8 minutes every month"

Flash

Lost in speed
I agree, someone needs to take a step. Obviously, everyone else here will follow him but someone does need to start. Or we need to bring up this issue to someone who can.
Most of the netizens voiced for Net Neutrality, still we don't know what's gonna come! Let alone, the FUP of service providers.

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
They are available in most cities. You can apply online.
RailWire - Express Network

I went through their website, completely puzzled, from description, looks like a big Govt. initiative through "Railway" ??? and I never knew about it ?... Anyone actually using it ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Railwire network is only available in railway colonies.as far as i know only in Bangalore the availability of railwire network is relatively more because of their association with local cable broadband providers.in some cities(e.g.thrissur in Kerala) railwire is available outside railway colonies because of association with local cable broadband providers but coverage is very limited.practically speaking Railwire is of no use to 99% of broadband users in India.

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Railwire network is only available in railway colonies.as far as i know only in Bangalore the availability of railwire network is relatively more because of their association with local cable broadband providers.in some cities(e.g.thrissur in Kerala) railwire is available outside railway colonies because of association with local cable broadband providers but coverage is very limited.practically speaking Railwire is of no use to 99% of broadband users in India.
Like I said, let's wait for another decade. We will surely get Bsnl with FUP of minimum 1 mbps by then.

tkin

Back to school!!
Right now governments focus is expansion. They want rural areas to have internet first then they will think about upgrading your speeds.

OP
sygeek

sygeek

Technomancer
Right now governments focus is expansion. They want rural areas to have internet first then they will think about upgrading your speeds.
This is similar to the argument that India cannot afford space exploration while people still live in poverty. It's not true. Both of these issues can be solved simultaneously without interfering with each other.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 118788

Govt. needs a geek Prime Minister. If I would have been the PM, BSNL/MTNL would have been 2 MBPS without FUP minimum and would had offered lucrative tax benefits for Private providers who plans to upgrade the speeds and network.

tkin

Back to school!!
This is similar to the argument that India cannot afford space exploration while people still live in poverty. It's not true. Both of these issues can be solved simultaneously without interfering with each other.
Agreed, but to do that we need an effective think tank, a bunch of guys with 12th standard education or with a degree which is completely unrelated to the technology field will never be able to take the correct decision.

Government should scrap all ministries and replace them with properly educated(relevant field) think tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Govt. needs a geek Prime Minister. If I would have been the PM, BSNL/MTNL would have been 2 MBPS without FUP minimum and would had offered lucrative tax benefits for Private providers who plans to upgrade the speeds and network.
It doesn't need a Geek PM. It needs a think tank, a group of highly skilled technical people with expertise in the telecom sector, academics only. No business man.

ssdivisiongermany1933

Still in war with allies
even bangladesh is better than india in terms of broadband as they have defined 2 mbps as minimum broadband ..I wish broadband was available during british era , in line of railway lines they would created infrastructure for broadband too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom