BSNL Broadband speed

joshiks7

Journeyman
hi,

I have recently changed my plan in hope to get faster speed to BSNL BB Home Combo ULD 900
But still my download speed is up to 1.7mbps only.

I need faster speed--at least 3-4mbps--What to do?

Why BSNL is not giving the speed it promises?

Firstly, the plan says that the bandwidth is 4 mbps upto 8 GB then it will drop to 512 kbps. Now download speed is 1/8 of the bandwidth, which in your case is 512kbps, upto 8 GB and will drop to 64kbps after downloading 8 GB of data.

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
joshiks97 said:
I have recently changed my plan in hope to get faster speed to BSNL BB Home Combo ULD 900
But still my download speed is up to 1.7mbps only.
Thats the right speed you are receiving in 4 MBPS connection. After you cross 8 GB limit, it will be reduced

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
hi,

I am paying more to get more speed. My previous plan speed was up to 2mbps (actually I was getting up to 1.2-1.6mbps) and @ Rs 500 per month.

But in new plan where I am paying almost double, speed is the same.

I opted new plan for better speed and not for amount of data downloaded.

Kindly help

rajeevk

Journeyman
Anyone have any idea about cheap and best broadband plan in Bihar........Please share. I want it for home use with my laptop. If any night plan then good.

OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
hi,

What I am talking about is download speed as checked on speedometer and not actual data download.

Why this download speed is same (approx. 1.5mbps) in both plans (of 2 and 4mbps resp.)

mitraark

Decrepit
hi,

What I am talking about is download speed as checked on speedometer and not actual data download.

Why this download speed is same (approx. 1.5mbps) in both plans (of 2 and 4mbps resp.)

Go to Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test and see what speed you are getting.

Also , in uTorrent , see what max speed you are getting, It should be around 450-500 KB/s.

Sarath

iDota
4Mbps= 0.5 MBps = 4000Kbps = 500KBps

Please avoid confusion by posting right values.

Speed test measures in mbps and advertised speeds are also in mbps so there should be no difference.
I have airtel 4mbps and speedtest shows 4.1mbps so I get promised speeds. If you are not then you have a reason to complain.

Last edited:
OP
J

joshiks7

Journeyman
I spoke to BSNL SDE 2 days ago.

Now---

*www.speedtest.net/result/1366605440.png

But other site---

*www.mybroadbandspeed.co.uk/results/104780542.png

Which is correct??

mitraark

Decrepit
Well Speedtest does give fairly accurate results for BSNL.. but this one is weird :| Did you try downloading anything ? Antivirus Updates usually maxxes out download speed , see at what speed it is downloading. Highly seeded torrents too..

sygeek

Technomancer
Instead of these online services, use a download manager and see the speed you get. Also, you should be aware of the difference between kilobytes (KBps) and kilobits (Kbps).

Top Bottom