bsnl broadband/internet sugesstion

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I get that much when I use Download Accelarator Plus. Normally without any add-on get atmost roung 150 kbps

u mean when downloading through browser only

download speed also depends on the downloading site...if the site has enuf bandwidth for the user then fullspeed otherwise a limited speed is given

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Zangetsu said:
u mean when downloading through browser only
Yes

Zangetsu said:
download speed also depends on the downloading site...if the site has enuf bandwidth for the user then fullspeed otherwise a limited speed is given
Well, I get speeds like this even on CNET download etc
It changes frequently, it increases to 200 kbps sometimes but also drops to 30 kbps

sujoyp said:
at my home upto 2mbps gives 190-210 in torrents and 230 in IDM
Thats pretty impressive speed

Anish

Spectre
I am having the home 500c plan which gives 210 KBps in orbit and 190 KBps in utorrent.
But onetime, i used games on demand form bsnl.. where i downloaded a game from their website... that time i got speed up to 550 KBps!

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
From what you all say, it's pretty clear that BSNL doesn't follow any standards... If you're lucky, you might get what you want (and more!)... Else it's your fate..!

I will never understand how you get more than double speed in a plan that is lesser speed.

My (upto) 2 mbps connection gives same speed as you guys :banghead:

My friend who's got BB500 plan gets ~250kBps effortlessly (in torrents!) and more at times...! But that plan is unlimited only from 2AM to 8AM.. :?

Aryan

Broken In
Hi I wanted to know something.
Im moving to New-delhi soon and am thinking about getting an unlimited Internet connection for playing PS3 and XBOX 360 online lag-free. I think 1mbps is enough. But Im confused which service provider to choose from and costs. Please reply. Thanks
Aryan

Aryan

Broken In
Thanks for the reply. But can you be more specific about the company? Which service provider and monthly costs. It would be very helpful. And can I use mobile's 3g to play on Consoles<via 3G router?>

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well, I'd suggest BSNL / MTNL.
There is a plan of around Rs.850/month that gives unlimited.

Wait a little, will post specific details in a little while.

These are some plans you might want. Btw, whats your budget?
annindyadas said:
BBG Combo ULD 1000(2 Mbps upto 15 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 15 GB)
BBG Combo ULD 1350(4 Mbps upto 20
GB, 512 Kbps beyond 20 GB )
BB Home Combo ULD 900 (4Mbps upto
8 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB )

Aryan

Broken In
I can spare Rs.750-Rs.1000 for Internet. But the quotes that you have given is for data capped. I want unlimited 1mbps connection to play online on my consoles and watch youtube videos and surf-a lot. I think that playing online is fine for data caps but if I want to use DLC it'll finish within a week or two. And believe me I surf a lot and download through LEGAL torrent sites even more.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Sorry, but I dont think BSNL/MTNL have connection like that
BB Home Combo ULD 900 (4Mbps upto
8 GB, 256 Kbps beyond 8 GB )
Get this.

Gaming can be done at these speeds too. (I have done it with no lag of my own)

256 kbps is good for downloading but torrents might suffer

Aryan

Broken In
Thanks again for the reply. Just wanted to ask something. Is the plan you mentioned unlimited? Its 4mbps till 8gb and when I exceeds that limit it goes down to 256kbps? And thats 256kbps for rest of the month? And is 256kbps really enough for lag free PS3 and Xbox 360 online gaming? Ill take it if I get your conforming word that says that it will run the consoles gaming online with absolutely no hiccups.
If thats the case I like the "BBG Combo ULD 1000" too. But what are the prices? And remember I am moving to New Delhi. Is the scheme and price same there?

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Aryan said:
Is the plan you mentioned unlimited? Its 4mbps till 8gb and when I exceeds that limit it goes down to 256kbps? And thats 256kbps for rest of the month? And is 256kbps really enough for lag free PS3 and Xbox 360 online gaming?
It should be as long as you get a low ping.

Go to the local exchange and query about Broadband plans. They should hand you a brochure which contains all the plans :)

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
at my home upto 2mbps gives 190-210 in torrents and 230 in IDM

You are one lucky fellow. On My 2 mbps connection I am getting only 90-95 kBps both in utorrent and FDM despite the telephone exchange being just 200 mtrs away. Now my modem got fried and i am waiting for a new one. Let us check how much i can get with the new modem.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
baiju said:
I am getting only
90-95 kBps both in utorrent and FDM
despite the telephone exchange being
just 200 mtrs away
You're living so near a exchange but still!
I have same connection.

I get speeds 4 times as yours :D

Secret= coz I use Download Accelarator Plus :wink:

R2K

In the Zone
You are one lucky fellow. On My 2 mbps connection I am getting only 90-95 kBps both in utorrent and FDM despite the telephone exchange being just 200 mtrs away. Now my modem got fried and i am waiting for a new one. Let us check how much i can get with the new modem.

how did that happen
thunderstorm\lightning\power surge

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
how did that happen
thunderstorm\lightning\power surge

Lightning:cool:. Last month there were heavy rain along with severe lightning in Kerala. Usually i am in the habit of disconnecting telephone and power cables during lightning. But on that particular day I was in the middle of a cell phone conversation with a colleague and a sudden lightning took away the life out of my modem and pc :x (The pc was not working as during that time there was no electricity). Waiting for a replace motherboard from Acer. The modem was a personal one and when I contacted the exchange they said that there is a scarcity of modems and advised me to purchase from outside.:cool:

R2K

In the Zone
^^
i am also from kerala....:D..Are you talking abt the rainfall on the day of Vishu
Lightning is the only thing that is keeping me away from downloading at night

baiju

Ambassador of Buzz
^^
i am also from kerala....:D..Are you talking abt the rainfall on the day of Vishu
Lightning is the only thing that is keeping me away from downloading at night

Yea the easter week. I am still left with the great 10kbps bsnl gprs:grin:

Top Bottom