bsnl broadband/internet sugesstion

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
i have a bsnl office near my house around 1-2 km from my house. 2mbps at 9k omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how much speed it gives at 750?and r there any othr plans between 750 and 9k?

Rajesh345

Youngling
i have a bsnl office near my house around 1-2 km from my house. 2mbps at 9k omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and how much speed it gives at 750?and r there any othr plans between 750 and 9k?

750UL
~60-63KB /512 Kb unlimited D/U

more info
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_home_only_unlim.htm

*www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_Standalone_unlim.htm

abhidev

Human Spambot
I hv an yearly plan.....by dad changed the plan from 750UL(512kbps) to 450UL(256kbps)....is there a way i can switch back my plan...coz my dad enquired in the BSNL office...they said since its an yearly plan you can only change this before Nov 2011 end as it gets over in Nov....and if at all you want to still change the plan then you'll hv to pay 1.5k....i mean wth....

R2K

In the Zone
i think bsnl 750 UL would be the best. U can download 80+ GB a month if u work hard:D .LOL i am already on this mission:D:D:D:D;D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Evdo- 750/ul each month.

I reccomend you to use Bsnl 3g. Lot better speed and connectivity.

get it as a prepaid plan, Rs.4200/6 months for unlimited
or
Rs.1350 each month for unlimited,postpaid.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Evdo- 750/ul each month.

I reccomend you to use Bsnl 3g. Lot better speed and connectivity.

get it as a prepaid plan, Rs.4200/6 months for unlimited
or
Rs.1350 each month for unlimited,postpaid.

bro u r living in the past...that plan ended 2-3 months back now in 1350 u get 15gb usage only
:: BSNL 3G ::

now there is no 3g unlimited plan

max u can get is 35gb in RS.2720:sad:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I think I may not live in the past coz my this months Bsnl bill also contained advert of the plan.

Really then it would be great:razz:...I was thinking of that plan but sadly bsnl updated the 3g page and now no unlimited plans

Can you put some details..cost and last date

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I think its better to get the prepaid 3g(Rs.4200/6 months) if its still available.
Rs.1350/month is very high

I think you may be right... seeing plans here :: BSNL 3G ::

the plans I have mentioned seem thing of the past.

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
UL750 is what I recommend... You get 512kbps unlimited and if you're one of those lucky folks, you might even get 1.6+Mbps all the time... (Seems if you are near BSNL exchange, and if your place has a lot of business centres, so lot of GOOD QUALITY LINES, you'll get these awesome speeds...)

R2K

In the Zone
^^
i am only like 2 km away from the exchange and i am not getting that kind of speed at all..
Even if that kind of speed gets available, u should be cautious because there is a high chance of bsnl messing up with your unlimited plan with a limited bandwidth plan and at end of the month you would end up with a bill that will give you a heart attack

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
UL750 is what I recommend... You get 512kbps unlimited and if you're one of those lucky folks, you might even get 1.6+Mbps all the time... (Seems if you are near BSNL exchange, and if your place has a lot of business centres, so lot of GOOD QUALITY LINES, you'll get these awesome speeds...)

Thats not possible. BSNL always gives lower speeds. No way anyone gets that on a 512 kbps connctn.

masterkd

Padawan
anyone using reliance zoom1
1 mbps @1499 and 2mbps at night(10-8) with quarterly, half yearly or annual payment options
if service is good then this is not bad compared to others

OP
akash22

akash22

Journeyman
anyone using reliance zoom1
1 mbps @1499 and 2mbps at night(10-8) with quarterly, half yearly or annual payment options
if service is good then this is not bad compared to others
Reliance Broadnet Zoom 1 Mbps - India BroadBand

i m living just 1-2km from d exchange and one of neighbour frnd has 750ul plan and he always get a constant 50kbps speed

and the bad thing is aircel too has capped it's inernet data limit to 3 gb@98 per mnth but surely increased it's speed to 30kbps

rajsujayks

CSE Freak!
Thats not possible. BSNL always gives lower speeds. No way anyone gets that on a 512 kbps connctn.

Not possible..? What say me, my friend in the same vicinity and another friend nearby all getting this speed:

*img717.imageshack.us/img717/6504/speeda.png

This in UL750...!

Not only us... Many in Coimbatore get this... First we thought it was due to the modem...But later we ruled it out as few other guys with the same modem and
UL750 didn't get above 60kBps...! But one thing to be noted is: all of us with great speeds have this Teracom Wi-Fi modem...! My friend even contacted BSNL and asked about this (He feared of being charged more!) But they said that 512kbps minimum speed is the criteria... Maximum can go above it..!

Wonder what is happening...! On one particular day (don't remember which!) in January, we all got 280+ kBps!!! :-o

I'm posting this in the sheer hope that no one sees this and complains to BSNL, lest they cap my speed..!

Last edited:

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I will never understand how you get more than double speed in a plan that is lesser speed.

My (upto) 2 mbps connection gives same speed as you guys :banghead:

Top Bottom