BSNL Broadband Help - Ask your Question here

Status
Not open for further replies.

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
Today i m in very good mood , i saw some threads regarding bsnl connectivity ,

if you have any just ask here i will reply , just have lots of experience with bsnl since 2005 . no i dont work for bsnl , just was a trainee in graduation for like one month :D

i have 750 plus plan and getting full 2mbps speed around 217 KB/sec , yup its not a
joke

on mumbai server
*www.speedtest.net/result/434745255.png

*www.speedtest.net/result/434750129.png

on lahore server
*www.speedtest.net/result/434747405.png

they just have one server in india to test on :(
=========some problems and answers =========wait for more==or just ask ;)===

I m clearing some terms for simple home user , so its not for books ,exams, technical users etc

==========What is bridge ==========

1.BSNL recommends bridge connection , which simply means they want you to use your router as a bridge ,between your pc and BSNL Server
BSNL server ( exchange ) --------- --------Router----------------your pc

>>What is PPPoE ?
BSNL server are ppp type server , which simply means that they require a username and password to access the network

>>Why they Don’t configure router and why they make connection in pc ?????

Hmm the answer is bit tricky , most of bsnl employees are not well educated ( yes this is The truth ) ,they simply don’t have the knowledge of original routing networks etc etc , so BSNL teach some simple steps to employees ,so they can just make bsnl work for homes .

i dont mean to heart bsnl employees or their sons or daughters , but its kinda truth ;) ( Personal Experience )

They escape to configure the router use it as a bridge and make connection in your pc . one more truth is router settings are also very difficult for most of home users.
But once they configured they don’t have to change again n again. No matter which operating system you use , then you just have to plug LAN wire into your pc which may be laptop etc , OS reinstallation doesn’t affect router settings . router just need to be DHCP enabled ;)

>>Why we see limited connectivity icon ??

#From the point of view of OS (XP )
Yes there was connectivity bug in older versions , just update your xp to SP3

#From the point of view of router ,
Router is not enabled for DHCP , open your router cpanel ,which is commonly 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.1.2
And enable DHCP

>> I can't Acces my router cause of limited connectivity ???

Its simple
1.Go To network connections (don’t ask me where it is )
2.Right click on ”Local Area Connection” and click on “properties” at bottom
3.in General Tab scroll some down , and select “ Internet Protocol (Tcp/IP) “
4.Click on “Properties “ below the upper box
5.Select the option “ use the following ip address “
And fill

Ip address : 192.168.1.2
Subnet mask : 255.255.255.0
Default gateway : 192.168.1.1

Leave the DNS servers blank

7. click okay
8.click okay of properties box.

I hope now your limited connectivity icon is gone and you can access your cpanel at

Just enable dhcp in that
Most common username/ password are
admin /admin
admin/password

>>why BSNL disconnects me when I try to download something for long time ?

Just for load balancing , they configured their servers for this , yes this is painful for me also

Kind Regards
X69X

Last edited:
OP
x69x

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
i can download 250 mb in just one n half hour lol , a full film (liltle bit compresed ;) )

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
*www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-cool-smileys-855.gif He is in such a good mood today that he don't mind posting unbelievable things. Jame raho bhai Jame raho. *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/happy/happy0005.gif

OP
x69x

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
guys i know your pain of 256 kbps ( 25 to 35 KB/Sec ) , but believe me mine is 217 KB in real but they just disconnect me more like just after 100 to 200 seconds on full load

n my connection redials in 1 sec and get on line again :)

OP
x69x

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
Is there is a way to get around the authentication server?

Ya may be its INDIA lol , but all usernames and passwords are locked by phone numbers in most of exchanges ( i think all now ) you can't use other username/password

using of others accounts was possible 2-3 years back :twisted:

i dont exist

^^^^^^^^^
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
i used home 500 plan last year and when i login to check my usage sometimes i get redirected to someone else's account and i was able to see their name,usage,and all other personal details and why is that?

Last edited:
OP
x69x

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
hmm thats serious problem , may be there was problem in creating account of same username ( broadband account )

or website scripting error , server lag , something like that

Manymore things are possible with BSNL , dont worry you just faced one lol :D

i dont exist

^^^^^^^^^
well it happened more than once and i had account number,phone number and names of atleast of five people all over the india their name is not even identical to mine the only problem i had is that i dont have their password guess what could happen if someone could use these accounts :mrgreen:

OP
x69x

x69x

We Need Freedom Again
mate its easy to guess password ,cuz bsnl employees make that :D , but there is doubt in using another account , cuz here in punjab is locked by phone numbers

mean u cant dial another username password from your phone , simply you cant use another persons account

when i was trainee in bsnl that thing is possible and people start complaining about it , so they solved this issue and locked all connections

now new connections are already configured for this ,

dont know ,if it still working in other parts of india

very easy to guess username and password :D ,cuz they set "password" as password for each new connection lol

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
The official BSNL thread:*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29143 :)

sireesh

Right off the assembly line
I use a home 500c plan with 256kbps and the BSNL people said they would upgrade me to 2mbps soon It happened as yet THEN WHEN WILL IT....Its About 1 yersince they promised me that ...S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom