BSNL Broadband 750 UL speed cut :X

pratik385

In the zone
Hi guys, i dont know what happened to my BSNL broadband connection, it is not giving speed on bittorrent. It goes around 190-200 kbps but come down to 0.3 kbps and cont like this. I live in different city due to work, my dad replaced the router too, its iBall Baton now. So please tell me what to do. It is really frustrating as i come here for short period of time and cant download much :|

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Torrents giving that speed ? What about downloads via HTTP? The 190 kbps was a result of speed doubling by BSNL. IT will happen every month till you use 6 gb data.

Go to speedtest.net and post results here :wink:

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I'm facing similar speed in torrent d/l....sometimes the web page load problem too.
usually getting constant 50-60 kB/s in utorrent client....but now the exact as Thread stater.

AFAIK....there is no Bandwidth update for UL750 plan....right ?

Me at UL750+.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Guys, please post speedtest result before ranting :wink:

dissel said:
AFAIK....there is no Bandwidth update for UL750 plan....right ?
There is a 6 GB FUP limit.
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/new_BB/BB_home_only_unlim.htm

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
does the speed drop only when downloading using torrents? also please mention the torrent client you are using... sometimes due to "Disc Overloaded 100%" error the download speed will be dropped to speeds like the ones you are getting.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
^^
Oh....Thanks for the link thetechfreak,

But I'm in BB HOME C UL 750 @ 512 Kbps according to BSNL portal(10.240.43.216) and I'm not experienced any speed bump at the beginning of the month. Always 50-60 kB/s as regular.

Speed unto 1Mbps for Home ULD user, I'm at still C UL user.

I'm sure the new unlimited user got the speed bump,not the old one....

Can any old user out there can confirm as their connection speed upgrade or not ?

Thanks in advance
----------Update------------
there is no option of "Disc Overload 100%" solution in Mac's torrent client which I'm using.

Renny

Padawan
0.3 kbps? I think your router is restarting, if line conditions are bad this happens due to the heavy load while torrenting.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am using Home combo 750 UL and didnt get the 1mbps upto 6gb fup...I get 50-60KBps download speed only

Top Bottom