BSNL and Bittorrent problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

azzkiker

Right off the assembly line
Hey u guyz r doin some great work n i thought u cud help me out wid this prob.
I'm tryin 2 download a software thru bit torrent(client: Bit-tornado and azureus). the thing is tat i'm on BSNL dataone n it get me 1GB of dload/uload. N these softwares upload(seed) much more than wat they dload. ie - in bittornado the dload was 4.82MB and the upload was 6.78MB (in 7 min). and in azureus the dload was 201MB and uload was 198MB. now what in gods name am i supposed 2 do to stop freaks frm extracting data frm me, cause i'm not able 2 dload it fully(the more it uloads the lesser my 1GB cap gets n i will not be able 2 dload it within 1 month). also the uload speeds range frm 8-9KB/s and the dload speeds stay @ 4-5 KB/s. (it stays @ 26KB/s during non torrent dloads). I'm using sygate firewall too, so is there any way(any software) that downloads much more(a hell lot more) than uploads. or is there something that does not upload but just downloads. Please help me out here guys.

PS: i've tried tweaking the upload settings and nothing works. my uload speeds r better than my dload speeds.

N how am i supposed 2 get rid of a NAT error.

cyberia.in

In the zone
actually i don't know, but i can tell u a website where there are very detailed discussions on dataone, but discussing other sites is against the rules, if the mods allow me, then i can pm you abt it

no, it's not my website, and i have nothing to do with it (so i'm not advertising myself)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Ok, i see a lot of post stating that they get slow speeds.
The speeds are dependent on a hell lot of factors.

1. See how much peers u got. Leechers + seeders. If the number of leechers are less than the number of peers then the speed is gonna be more. Also the seeder should have a good upload speed. The seeders may be more but the leechers (incase have a better BW than u got ) will take the most of the BW and u will end up with a slower speeds.

2. Health of the torrent file. Date it was created.

3. Admins of certain site also restrict the BW.

4. The speeds are not dependent on the clients;atleast not to a greater extent , u can see only marginal difference.

azzkiker said:
PS: i've tried tweaking the upload settings and nothing works. my uload speeds r better than my dload speeds.
No way man.. i get 30kBps download and only 8kBps uploads.

parthbarot

In the zone
i have the BSNL but its "DIALUP".......
i m using Kazza. use kazza bcs its better then bittorrent.
it gives more speed & more material also....

regards

Charley

Just Do It
I also used kazaa , but torrent iis giving me much more faster speeds. I have downloaded tons of stuff using it......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom