Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
zero

zero

Broken In
Tryin to answer u

speedyguy said:
....then a seperate internet id is provided to bypass this proxy connection 2 use net...........some sites r blocked n messengers r not allowed in office hours.....n ya its firewalled as for company's rules....it browses at speeds of 6-7kbps but thats a very consistant speeds...does not fluctuate like other dial-ups so can browse real fast....

ps: i wud still like to hv a reply for wat i exactly was looking for in this post..

Dear though u didn't answer what I asked about ur ISP still I'll TRY to answer u with whatever info available in this thread. I may not be correct so please excuse me (Ms Puja in particular) if my answer doesn't satisfy you.

I was not sure your company provides net through which ISP, doubt was because If it was through BHARTI's connection then ur Airtel connection may be able to pair up a Multilink with the ISP but I guess since its the TATA's may be they provide directly through VSNL to their company. In that connection ur AIRTEL won't be able to add up multiple links with the ISP. Because basic fact remains that the ISP makes multiple links to your system via various dial up links of ur system to that ISP( So ISP has to be the same).

And yes as I quoted u ... the proxy is not actually bypassed by home users but in fact based on the logins, the rules are relaxed and also bandwidth,protocols,login time validation, etc can be controlled at the proxy server including an extra firewall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom