BROADBAND ON CELLPHONE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
I'm near bombay. I'm pretty sure its there in delhi. Get an edge enabled phone from a friend and try it if that suits your needs.

atool

Journeyman
orange gives gprs in 99/ pm...and if handset is edge enabled...its activated free...at least as of now...and yes i live in mumbai...

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
Afaik,thats only wap gprs. You need a full gprs connection to use your phone as modem. In bombay, orange charges about 400 bucks for that. Do correct me if i'm wrong there.

chinmay

Journeyman
maan..i had a hutch edge connection for 99/month without any limit and i used to get a download speed of 25kBytesps...

vk123

Broken In
Airtel EDGE service is faster than Hutch GPRS /EDGE

but airtel is 600rs/month
hutch is only 99/month

but airtel edge can be used also on any pc using a data connectivity to your mobile Bluetooth/irda/cable

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
vk123 said:
but airtel is 600rs/month
hutch is only 99/month

but airtel edge can be used also on any pc using a data connectivity to your mobile Bluetooth/irda/cable
Your Second statement tells why Airtel's service is costly. :D

Between, u can use hutch connection on a pc also with the support of datacable for rs. 120 PM and rs. 1.20 additional for any extra mb downloaded.

vijaythefool said:
any limitations on the sites that can be browsed ?
No limitationa on airtel 600rs connection but for hutch rs 99 connection u can browse WAP sites with ur GPRS/WAP supported phone. Hutch rs.120 PM connection charges rs1.2 for every mb transferred. :D

abhinav said:
well guys now what i need for having GPRS/EDGE on my computer a Bluetooth dongl and which software?
For GPRS/EDGE connection u just need a DAta cable or a BT dongle if ur phone supports it.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
even Rs600 is damn cheap for an unlimited connection for the whole day and that too at a good speed...i am paying Rs 650 to sify just for the night unlimited pack @256kbps

vijaythefool

In the zone
vijaythefool wrote:
any limitations on the sites that can be browsed ?

No limitationa on airtel 600rs connection but for hutch rs 99 connection u can browse WAP sites with ur GPRS/WAP supported phone. Hutch rs.120 PM connection charges rs1.2 for every mb transferred.

What about the speed ! and can this hand sets continously used for long hours ?

adit_sen

In the zone
yeah. it is possible to connect to the net on ur pc via the data cable. just set it up as a modem, and have ur gprs activated. for airtel, u just set up a dial up connection with the number *99***x# where x is the connection profile no on ur phone (usually 1). as for a hutch connection, they offer something known as hutch access, which is frightfully expensive. but the system can be bypassed, and u can use da net on ur pc with only gprs activated

Charley

Just Do It
Also if you get WAP u can use it as a modem and connect it to the PC or laptop to browse the net.

Or u can uise GPRS for internet on mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom