BROADBAND ON CELLPHONE??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
hey guys...i have a motorola razr v3 and a data cable which came bundeled with it...i wonder if i can use my computer's internet connection on it???....please tell me if anything like this is possible....

bharathbala2003

why need title?
if your phone has GPRS support then u need to activate it thro your service provider and then you can connect to the internet

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
you mean to say browse internet on your phone using a landline / broadband connection that your pc has? Please correct me if i got that wrong.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmmm...., Moto-V3 can connect to GPRS via Bluetooth or use it as a modem with the Bluetooth PC USB Adaptor .

Between i dont think we can use the "data cable" and connect to the phone and use as an internal modem....

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
thanx for the reply guys....it was just a notion in my mind that if my computer can use my cellphone as a modem why not the other way around!!! being a prepaid user i find gprs service a bit too expensive....that was the only reason for this silly topic!!!

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
@sahil, where are you from? Gprs rentals are one of the cheapest in india. My gprs connection from airtel offers edge and full internet access at 150 rupees a month. Thats pretty cheap imho. But airtel rentals vary from circle to circle...

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
but here in delhi i checked up with airtel...they said that it was 500/month...also tell me what the hell is edge??

:shock:
sahil_blues said:
hey guys...i have a motorola razr v3 and a data cable which came bundeled with it...i wonder if i can use my computer's internet connection on it???....please tell me if anything like this is possible....
:shock:

neh....i dun think it's possible :?

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
Well edge is a faster mode of gprs. It offers theoretical speeds of up to 384 kbps. 500 is pretty steep though.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
it means ENHANCED DATA RATES FOR GLOBAL EVOLUTION (EDGE) this is a feature of the GSM phones it will work only if GPRS is active..

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
Wh!Zk!D said:
Well edge is a faster mode of gprs. It offers theoretical speeds of up to 384 kbps. 500 is pretty steep though.

384kbps on a celphone!!!!......are you serious????......and you are getting all this for 150/month....thats hell lot better than any broadband connection.....

bharathbala2003

why need title?
well u will not get constant 384kbps.. but avg ull land up sumwer about 200-250 kbps.. and yes it is cheap.. but then i dunno bout their limits.. the download limits i mean..

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
The good thing is, airtel doesn't have a download limit! The only requirement is an EDGE enabled handset.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
i dont get it...if thats the case one can download gbs of data with an incredible speed too....then why isnt it popular cause i surely hadnt heard about it earlier....

Wh!Zk!D

Broken In
Hey! I said theoretical speeds of 384 kbps the actual speeds are much lower. But it is good enough. And Edge hasn't been fully implemented everywhere.

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
where do ya live....if any such kind of technology is available, it has to be present in the country's capital....dont you think so??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom