Broadband download monitor – easy tool to monitor download

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I have unlimited internet connection (is there any other kind? :p )
So I just needed a tool to see how much bandwidth I use, for which I use a simple tool, NetMeter

*www.metal-machine.de/readerror/tp-images/Image/NetMeterScreen.jpg

*cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/17/2009/07/netmetertotals.png

Also keeps track of all the D/W and U/L I have done since installing it. And I can export these data too, in case I need to backup.
And all that for a negligible footprint in memory usage. :mrgreen:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Similarly do you guys have any free tool/software which lets me see my router details. I hate logging in using the 192.168...format. As long as it can show my active connections to my router.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
@vineet369: u have unlimited connection & ur total usage is just 17.58MB?

No... that was just a random example from net...
Mine is following..

*img25.imageshack.us/img25/1585/capturepky.jpg

And @asingh.... Ya its totally a freeware..

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Sorry topgear, Networx is a great app but has a memory usage of about 11MB as compared to Netmeter, which is about 1.2 MB. Only advantage from Netmeter, ability to show charts.
I can always import the Netmeter log files in Networx to view them if I want to, but cant keep it running.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry topgear, Networx is a great app but has a memory usage of about 11MB as compared to Netmeter, which is about 1.2 MB. Only advantage from Netmeter, ability to show charts.
I can always import the Netmeter log files in Networx to view them if I want to, but cant keep it running.

If you think netmeter is doing the job for you - fine. BTW, how much Ram do you have ?

I've been using it from those days when I've only 512 of ram.
Networx another great feature of showing hourly Bandwidth Rate and dial up duration.
Besides only monitoring Bandwidth usage it has several useful features as like :

Trace Roue - GUI
Netstat - GUI
Quota Management and speed meter

considering all of the above features I don't mind it's 11-12 MB mem footprint.

thank u... was searching for this for ages...

thnx a lot

Thanks Guys.

@topgear thanks to add one more freeware to my list (Networx).

My Pleasure buddy - I'm always looking out for the best freeware app available.

Last edited:

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
If you think netmeter is doing the job for you - fine. BTW, how much Ram do you have ?
I've been using it from those days when I've only 512 of ram.

Back in the days, I worked on just 256 MB of RAM.
And in that much amount, I had to find out every possible way to lower the memory foot print, and I didn't even mind, tweaking out the complete setup of Windows, using nLite.
It was that period which spoiled me, in trying to lower the memory usage as much as possible. And it was that point which made me appreciate the amount of memory.
Things are different now. I have upgraded to 1 gig of RAM. But old habits die hard. And its a habit which I dont mind to carry with me. :)

Top Bottom