Broadband download monitor – easy tool to monitor download

nithinks

True Techie
Source : *www.mytechyard.com/2010/05/broadband-download-monitor-easy-tool-to-monitor-download/

*i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/nithks/MyTechYard/logo.jpg

Many of us use broadband schemes provided by ISP s, with the download limit. Many people are confused with the term “download” thinking that the term refers to the file downloads you do. Actually it is not ! “download” here means the total data transaction that happens in the server, say, you had a voice conversation for 1 hour, data download will be roughly 60MB.Watching youtube videos, navigating in Google earth drastically cuts down your download limit or the bandwidth.
*i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/nithks/MyTechYard/1.jpg
Over the web we came across an interesting tool , broadband download monitor. This tool helps you to monitor the overall data transaction that happens over the network . You can set the download limit of your ISP , and relatively the graph gets displayed.
*i698.photobucket.com/albums/vv346/nithks/MyTechYard/2.jpg
Once you cross the download limit, Pop-up gets displayed , alerting you from exceeding the download limit.
The type of the alert you get, and the time of the alert are customizable.

This is a very useful tool , and it is free!
Dot net framework: *www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...cb-4362-4b0d-8edd-aab15c5e04f5&displaylang=en
Download link : *download.cnet.com/Broadband-Download-Monitor/3000-2648_4-10886434.html

vmo

Right off the assembly line
Thanks for the timely alerting program.
Do we have something like that to be used in Mac?

OP
nithinks

nithinks

True Techie
I am getting sick of spam. Is this a place to find a bandwidth monitor? come one, there are lots of place on internet to find one. A google search will lead you to many results.

It is just about a freeware. What exactly you mean by spam ?

You can give any valid postal code of US / UK . This software is completely free

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have one doubt regarding download...

does the ISP charge for both download & upload????
for example if the tariff plan is of 10GB than is it calculated this way -> (DL + UL) = 10GB

puneetgarg

Learn & Earn
^ yes... both are included in just Download by ISP..but in reality its UL+DL

@post - another spam to extract a lot of user info to be used in maybe anything... I'm not installing this one :)
first it asks for a UK code and then very personal details like see the screenshot attached.. now why would anybody be willing to provide so much personal info for a freeware... :p

Top Bottom