bricked lgp690 :(

panchtatvam

Right off the assembly line
I'm not a noob. I'm a Super noob :( I just bricked my LGP690 trying to flash it with Unofficial Cyanogen Mod 10 . I was using ClocworkMod Recovery as per the video. But I was never able to boot the phone again. It just shows the lg logo. I tried to get into emergency mode and flash official LG firmware into it using this, but the flasing didn't succeed. Now I can't even get to emergency mode. The phone just shows the LG logo. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me . I just dont want my phone to get bricked. I just want my phone back please help :(

Neo

Its like this
If you get some light on your screen, be it lg logo or emergency mode - its not bricked
If nothing appears on the screen - say goodbye to your dear phone (or get its mobo replaced)

OP
P

panchtatvam

Its like this
If you get some light on your screen, be it lg logo or emergency mode - its not bricked
If nothing appears on the screen - say goodbye to your dear phone (or get its mobo replaced)

ok :) thanks for the info.
somehow i was able to get the emergency mode running again. How would u sugges i should proceed to reset to official LG firmware ?
thanks again for the info.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes , it does show the LG logo . and it just remains there. :cry: is my phone permanently bricked. I'm scared !

most likely the recovery image is corrupted. if you had CWM installed it'll take 20-30sec to get it fixed but in your case you'll have to flash the stock firmware/kdz file again. maybe you unplugged mobile before the process can even complete.

OP
P

panchtatvam

most likely the recovery image is corrupted. if you had CWM installed it'll take 20-30sec to get it fixed but in your case you'll have to flash the stock firmware/kdz file again. maybe you unplugged mobile before the process can even complete.

Itried that with kdz but get Upgrade Error WParam : 100 LParam : 6
Untitled2.jpg

The log file is

Code:
 [R&D Test Tools Log File]

12:57:03 : Launching SW update  
12:57:03 : Unpacking KDZ   
12:57:04 : KDZ file extraced  
12:57:10 : Files were extracted.
12:57:10 : LGMobileDL Load.
12:57:10 : Port = -1
12:57:10 : Connecting to phone    
12:57:20 : Check Phone mode = 1
12:57:38 : Phone type check.......
12:57:43 : LGMobileDL.DLL Loading....
12:57:43 : _SetAuthMark Fail
12:57:43 : AuthMark°¡ Á¤È®È÷ Phone¿¡ Write µÇÁö ¾Ê¾Ò½À´Ï´Ù!
12:57:43 : _SetAuthMark Fail
12:57:43 : LoadCDMAPhoneData() Error
12:57:43 : _DetachDLL Call
12:57:43 : _DetachDLL Call End
12:57:43 : Param : Path = C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\DZ_LGP690AT-00-V10f-SEA-XX-JUN-08-2012+0.dz
12:57:43 : Param : moduleDir = 
12:57:43 : Param : waitTime = 0
12:57:43 : Param : UsbHighSpeed = 1
12:57:43 : Param : PhoneMode = 1
12:57:43 : Param : BinVersion = V10F_00
12:57:43 : Param : AuthMark = 1
12:57:43 : Call fn_StartUpgrade
13:04:32 : Smart : wParam = 100, lParam = 6
13:04:32 : Step : Upgrade Error error code = 6
13:04:32 : ResetStartInfo() Call
13:04:32 : _DetachDLL Call
13:04:32 : _DetachDLL Call End
13:04:32 : FreeLibrary Call
13:04:32 : FreeLibrary Call End
13:04:32 : ResetStartInfo() Call End
13:04:33 : ===FINISHED=== 
13:07:19 : OnModelDllMsg(OnMsgFromModelDll3GQCT_PDA) delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

So basically I'm unable to reflash the recovery image. I can get the yellow Emergency screen but no avail. Also tried LGDMP but I'm not able to select the recovery image in the lgdmp ui. Its been 36 hours now. No results....

could u suggest something ???

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
take it to LG Service Center and tell them the LG desktop tool showed an update but on updating the mobile failed to start.
most likely you tried flashing CWM without unlocking bootloader.

OP
P

panchtatvam

take it to LG Service Center and tell them the LG desktop tool showed an update but on updating the mobile failed to start.
most likely you tried flashing CWM without unlocking bootloader.
yep !!! Actually I rebooted the phone from RomManager by selecting the Rom for LGP500. Since then it's been like this. Taking to service center will be the last resort as I'll be charged for it. Phone is not in warranty. Is there no way to unlock the bootloader now ? I see the LG logo and can go to Emergency mode !!!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yep !!! Actually I rebooted the phone from RomManager by selecting the Rom for LGP500. Since then it's been like this. Taking to service center will be the last resort as I'll be charged for it. Phone is not in warranty. Is there no way to unlock the bootloader now ? I see the LG logo and can go to Emergency mode !!!

search for guides about flashing the boot image only. if that can be done, guess the mobile can be fixed.

OP
P

panchtatvam

Thanks for your support guys :D It is fixed. Previously while using unbrick techniques from karandeedps post I was getting Error WParam : 100 LParam : 6 in KDZ . Actually while flashing the phone needs to be in emergency mode. In my case , I could connect the phone to the computer only in Emergency mode so when KDZ started it would restart the phone and it would not be able to get in Emergency mode. After about 36 hrs of tikering a simple idea struck me, well I was stupid not to use it initially :p .
I manually put the phone in Emergency mode as KDZ was unable to it by holding POWER + VOLUME DOWN + RETURN and voila :cool: there came the emergency mode and within a few minutes flashing was complete and the phone is alive again.....

This time I'll use the proper method as described in Unofficial LG Optimus Net Thread and see if it works .... If it doesn't ..... Well , I know I have a superb community to help me out ....

Thanks a lot SAM !!!
Really , you've been such a help :)
Thanks again :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
nice to know your mobile is fixed. and check if your mobile supports any other recovery: amonra, TWRP. try to avoid CWM. My LG Optimus One ended up in same place twice just cause of CWM.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
most phones in such cases ^ as above are soft-bricked or semi-bricked so there is nothing to worry about and in 99% of the cases it is really difficult to brick your phone. So congo you managed to get it working... but advice for others dont go all hysterical if your phones doesnt boot after the company logo...

Top Bottom