Brian lara cricket 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
wow the screens look gr8...better than the EA series....i hope the game lives upto its hype...its been a long time since some1 came out with a good cricket game....

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Indyan wrote:
The first screenies r supposed to be released on 3rd feb.

Contradiction! I only doubted the genuiness of the screens that had people going crazy. You yourself mentioned that the genuine screenies will be relased on 3rd, yet the screenies in question have been posted on 2nd Feb!

As for the game being in alpha stage, so the graphics havent been polished. Take a look at the spectators stand...see anything? Yes, an ad for Duke! Look at the ball! Decals on it!! Pretty detailed alpha I must admit!

Now for the batsman's stance, models etc. If you would take a look at the screenies of Cricket 2002 and 2004, you will see how great the models look and how fluid their movements appear. Yet now dont we know how great the game turned out to be? The screenies are meant to create hype. They always dont turn out tobe the real thing.

Thats the reason I mentioned "IMHO". I think I am entitled to what I believe is good and bad, right? Thank you!

And just like you, I am looking forward to the title and hope it will not be such a torture for us to play with after what EA Cricket has done with us!

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Nope, I am not saying that the pictures might have been photoshopped. Codemasters is a very established and respected game devloper and I would never believe that they would do any such thing. I am only being cautious in building up my excitement level for this game after burning my fingers with the EA game.

allindrome

Journeyman
Ever wondered why all the Cricket games are never endorsed by the BCCI. I suppose it wouldn't cause the game developers much to get their product licenced by the BCCI to aid their sales in India, of course provided they can do something about the piracy part.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I guess the companies must have approached BCCI, but considering what a big money spinner the Cricket Control Board is, it surely must have demanded an unjustified sum for the rights.

bharat_r

In the zone
Ricky Ponting International Cricket

It is going to be Ricky Ponting International Cricket in Australia & New Zealand.

*www.gamearena.com.au/gameres/1144/images/source/RickyPontingRender.jpg

*www.gamearena.com.au/gameres/1144/images/source/RP_fielder01.jpg

{Edited Raaabo Please click on the links above to see the pictures, they were too large to be displayed here.}

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
Fact 44. There are 16 players per squad, meaning about 300 players in the game.

I think there is some confusions regarding this I think rubbergenius wasnt quite sure about it. 16 is too less :(

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Sourabh said:
....EA guys making awesome games....
That is yet to happen. All their games, including FIFA are actually quite pathetic. Pro Evolution Soccer is so much superior to FIFA games. The only good thing about EA's sports games is their license.

OP
B

BONZI

Journeyman
More screenies :)

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews-Larabatting01a.jpg

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews-Larabatting03a.jpg

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Aus_v_Pak03.jpg

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Aus_v_Pak03a.jpg

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Aus_v_Pak04a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Eng_v_Zim01a.jpg

*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Eng_v_Zim03a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Fielding_grid01a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SA01a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SA02a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SA37a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb02a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb03a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb10a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb14a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb19a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb27a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_WI_v_SAb33a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Zim_v_Eng03a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_Zim_v_Eng08a.jpg
*www.geocities.com/palappuram1/pix/ICCNews_loading_screens01a.jpg

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@abhijeet don tell EA has only gud liscensin.. i think ull b knowin NFS series is from EA.. SIMS is from EA... you cant blame them for a few bad games.. :D

DKant

In the zone
Not bad at all! Whups EA Cricket's a$$ bigtime at least on the gfx front, for now! :D The Official ICC license adds to the anticipation. :)

BTW, the Shoaib Akhtar looks more like Saqlain or some1. ;)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
that guy in paki dress dosent look as shohaib akhtar to me. btw whoever he is ,sure looks funny

DKant

In the zone
Yea. Like the ball's looking really tempting to him or sumthin'. :lol: lolz. But it still looks waay better than the stuff in EA Cricket (any version).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom