BrainF*** Movies

Hrishi

You want brain****? Look no further than david lynch :D

Lost highway,Mullholland drive,Eraserhead,Elephant man,Inland Empire.
You can also check out twin peaks tv series by lynch.

Now some non-lynchian movies :p:-

Barton Fink(this is technically not brain**** but still a good movie nevertheless)
Donnie Darko
2001:A space odyssey
Naked Lunch
A clockwork orange
Eyes wide shut
Pi
Videodrome
Synechdoche,New York( You will love this one if you like mind**** :p )
You can even try out Inception :p

Aha......thats more like a serious BF***** list of movies.

I am gonna get a Good Print Of Primer today.Thanks for the suggestion.
If you don't find any comment from me tomorrow , then most probably I might be sleeping hard after 2 hours of serious headache. :p

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Ah yes forgot to mention shining,strangelove and FMJ |m|

@Rishi thanks :p And haven't seen primer yet myself so can't comment on that :(

Hrishi

more addition to the list :
#12 Monkeys : Can't say that it was hard to get , but it had lots and lots of twist.You can not anticipate things easily in this.

#The Sherlock Holmes Part 1 and 2 , : Again , not a total brain twister , but still you will enjoy this.At least I loved it. You can include it in light brainfu**er movies.

#The Primal Fear : Complexi-fied murder case!!! A quality Brain twister.

#Sixth Sense : You can't even think that the end would be so different.Combination of good twist in the end.

#Planet Of the Apes(1968) .

#Se7en(1995) : this movie has decent amount of complexity.The story is about A homicide investigation.A good watch.

#Seconds : Mind boggling.A movie from 60's that makes your brain think harder and harder.

#Eternal Sunshine of Spotless mind : Mind-Bending sci-fi love story.

#The Shawshank Redemption
: I wonder why no-body mentioned it here! Maybe because its so popular that everyone knows about it.Top rated movie at IMDB.

#Vantage Point,
#Smoking Aces,
#Wristcutters: A Love Story,
#Waking Life,
#

#The Wall : Its hard to draw some meaning out of this movie.
#Physco(1960)
Memento : Must Watch

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
How the hell does A Clockwork Orange or Full Metal Jacket even qualify as Brainf-k!??!
Saw? Brainf-k? Seriously? You have to be braindead to think that Saw even remotely qualifies as Brainf-k!

There are movies which have extreme twists or are remarkable in some other way but Brainf-k is on an altogether different level!!

I think

a. Nonlinear narrative
b. Must see at least twice or even more to start comprehending plot
c. Tons of ambiguity
d. Scope for multiple interpretations
e. Lingering and/or never-ending mystery

are some of the commodities that make up a Brainf-k movie!

Just my 2 cents!

Inception and Primer come close but IMHO Memento Mori trumps them all!

Last edited:
Primer .. yes I remember that I stated to watch that movie and then stopped it cause I didnt understand a thing :p .. gotaa watch that again..

BTW I dont thin The Man From Earth is a Brain Fck movie ..

Yeah, man from earth is not BF but its interesting..i meant that it is an interesting movie. u'll like it if u havent watched it !

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Memento. The one that Ghajini ripped off and made into crap. The whole story actually is played in reverse. So, you need to pay attention while watching.

PS: Directed by Christopher Nolan

PPS: Whoops. Didn't see that Rishi already mentioned it.

Edit: BTW, The Wall would be the ultimate Brain F*** movie. Those have not heard The Wall by Pink Floyd before watching this will go absolutely bonkers. It is more like a long music video than a movie. But worth watching anyway.

Last edited:

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Memento. The one that Ghajini ripped off and made into crap. The whole story actually is played in reverse. So, you need to pay attention while watching.

PS: Directed by Christopher Nolan

PPS: Whoops. Didn't see that Rishi already mentioned it.

Edit: BTW, The Wall would be the ultimate Brain F*** movie. Those have not heard The Wall by Pink Floyd before watching this will go absolutely bonkers. It is more like a long music video than a movie. But worth watching anyway.

You said it - Wall is more like a long-ish music video than an out-an-out movie!
Ghajini? Ripped from Mememto? Bah! Its a remake of some south indian movie of the same name I think! Anyway, neither Indian crap come close to the real deal!

BTW, Memento isnt the whole story in reverse --> The color parts are moving backwards in time while the b&w parts are moving forwards in time - 70% of the reason why I think its THE brainf-k movie of all time! Another reason would have to be the poster of the movie - some effect called Drogba or Doste effect or something like that! Damn, this is one hell of a Brainf-k!

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I watched Eternal Sunshine of Spotless mind yesterday night.. it was not too confusing..

Krow

Crowman
Brainfk doesn't need to be confusing only. I think a movie which leaves you psychologically exhausted also qualifies. Strange Days is a good example.

Hrishi

There is one more movie to add to the list of , the name is "Brake(2012) ".
There is lots of climax in this movie , and its not actually a boring movie neither a total mind-bender.
I am sure you will find it interesting , I saw it yesterday when I was looking for list of new movies to watch.
Its a new release,but I think its available in blu-ray.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Holy cr@p.. Primer is a real BrainF**k, just finished watching it, its 5AM and my brain is f**ked up.. up to about 50-55 minutes into the movie was fine.. the rest i.e., Just after the boys start activating the car alarms, I totally lost it.. need to check wiki for proper story :D ..

EDIT: I Read the story on wiki, I think I need to watch the movie 2-3 time again and read the story again to digest it..

Last edited:

Hrishi

Holy cr@p.. Primer is a real BrainF**k, just finished watching it, its 5AM and my brain is f**ked up.. up to about 50-55 minutes into the movie was fine.. the rest i.e., Just after the boys start activating the car alarms, I totally lost it.. need to check wiki for proper story :D ..

EDIT: I Read the story on wiki, I think I need to watch the movie 2-3 time again and read the story again to digest it..
Yeah the firs 50-55 mins were easy to grasp.....I started panicking when the kids started playing with the alarm. From there it was seriously brain-f******.
I am still wondering , does this movie seriously got some point other than the fact of displaying friendship b/w two guys ??
Couldn't get too much about the double thing...Damn!!
Inception was way easier man , than this.The ending of this movie will stir you up.

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Couldn't get too much about the double thing...Damn!!
Inception was way easier man , than this.
Which is where the greatness of the man, Nolan, comes through - he makes brainf-k but it is such kind of brainf-k that non-brainy people (like me) can still interpret it in our own way and at least feel we understood it somewhat!

Aaron (Shane something) of Primer, who is the writer/director/producer/editor/music director/protagonist/antagonist/everything-else of the movie, does brainf-k us but we dont feel the same adrenaline with Primer as we may with Inception/Memento/Prestige etc.

BTW, can you guys believe, Primer's budget was in four figures!!! Just shows tons of money != must for good movie! :cool::cool:

rahul_c

Journeyman
The Serbian Movie(A):it's weird!
The Sleeping Beauty-new one, no idea what was this movie about. Again it has nudity.

Top Bottom