BRAID the PUZZLE game

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys, anyone playing BRAID?
Those who played Portal would surely love it. It has more challenge and fun than Portal.

Its 2D but gr8 visuals.
Its one hell of a puzzle game.
Try it and lets here ur opinion on it.....

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
it feels more like an arcade style mario than a puzzle game..
and whats the objective of the game? I just keeep running through doors

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
it feels more like an arcade style mario than a puzzle game..
and whats the objective of the game? I just keeep running through doors
U had a gf who is a princess.
She is been kidnapped and u r finding her (same story as Mario but with more romantic angle, read them when displayed.)
In game u get to interact different worlds and in every world time and space acts differently. In game u need to collect pieces of puzzles which are scattered in every level. And this is where the challenge comes. Reaching to them and getting them are too tough. Requires patience and brain. Its always how u use the environment to get ur job done.
Try it, its awesome. Its screenshots won't be that influencing but try to experience it on ur own and form ur own opinion:razz:

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
U had a gf who is a princess.
She is been kidnapped and u r finding him
Ahem...him...Are you sure? :lol:

Anyway it's a really brain racking game. It's very innovative in a way & also thought provoking in terms of level design. Although the end left me confused. :sad:

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@wow, u even finished the game!!!
Then help me solving some puzzles.
How do I get these two pieces.
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/39579_0jyii/Braid_world2_stage2.JPG

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
A lot of us out here finished the game when it came out. Me, Shekar & Ajay. I suppose Ajay was the first to do it.

From your image, it seem like you'll have to get 1 piece from the next stage "Hunt" & one from "Leap of Faith". That would allow you to get the puzzle piece which is on the top most end. The one below it needs that bouncing goomba to be brought down to get it.

Here's how it works. Get the puzzle piece from "Hunt" level & the very first puzzle piece from the "Leap of Faith". Head back to your current level & stand near the puzzle picture. Re-arrange the puzzle in such a way that the part of the puzzle which has a brownish bridge, connects with the bridge on the top (where the goomba is walking). Make sure you align it properly. If you do this correctly it will allow the goomba to walk over it & fall down. Once that happens, run toward him & bounce on top of him to get the puzzle which is just above to exit door.

For the top most puzzle, Just connect both those puzzle pieces I mentioned to get earlier, it will form a big plank like bridge, align it to the existing bridge (where goomba walks), yet again. Run towards the other side & jump while you're on the edge & you should make it on the plank which has the next puzzle.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
How to run BRAID on VISTA? After installation it throws error dx3d_dx9 dll missing.
But VISTA has DX10 and this error is because DX9?:???:

What to do?
I've downloaded that particular dll? Do I use it?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
It's a missing Direct X file error. If you have already downloaded it, then copy it into your System32 directory of the Windows folder.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
ok, done. Downloaded latest dx10 runtime installable. It fixed the issue.
In vista running it with windowed mode, 15fps and without post-processing

Indyan

Here Since 2003
Its a wonderful game, but its damn hard. I finished level 2 completely, but struggling to get all the pieces from other levels.

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
OK I figured it out, was impateint in the beginning..

anyhow , its one the most beautiful game out there. Even the music is awesome - You can listen on youtube

amitash

Intel OCer
@rhitwick: run in compatibility mode for xp sp2...tat worked like a charm for me.

The game itself is awesome...finished it 3 days after it came out for PC.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rhitwick: run in compatibility mode for xp sp2...tat worked like a charm for me.

The game itself is awesome...finished it 3 days after it came out for PC.
I'm in XP and no issues for me.
It was Vista on my frnd's lappy.

But I'm stuck in "Hunt" chapter for Irreversible world.

amitash

Intel OCer
^oh yea, i was stuck for a while in that one too, the tip is to start hunting from the top and not from the bottom...Oh and beware of killing the lion on the middle level that will help you jumpp to the key, kill that last.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
What if I don't collect all the pieces? I missed that part earlier. I just couldn't do.
<edited, the damn forum doesn't allow me leave things the way I want>
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/40391_dsvlt/World4_hunt.JPG
I went by killing them in the given order. Now I got that I've kill 5th one by jumping on its head and at the same time I'd get up on the upper platform to kill the 6th one. But the jump is not high enough in however way I do it. Any tips anyone? (Only this piece is left in this world)

Well I moved on and now I'm stuck here. (World 5, stage3)
*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/40390_tdpjd/World5-stage3.JPG
How do I get that part?

Last edited:
Top Bottom