booting problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

amey kerkar

Right off the assembly line
Hi, i am amey kerkar from Goa.I am a regular reader from past one year.

I have a problem with my pc. sometimes when i boot my pc, i can hear rhe sound of the pc fan but suddenly everything is down (the same thing that happens when we shut down the pc) next time when i restart my pc i get a blue screen saying the "COMPUTER HAS BEEN SHUT DOWN TO PREVENT DAMAGE".Then there is no way i can shut down the pc and i have to shut down the UPS directly.

After some hours everything is normal and no such booting problem occurs.
The above mentioned problem is too frequent and happens once in a week or twice in a week.

please help.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
plz write ur specs...

this may be due to few reasons
1) heating problem
2) there might be dust in ur processor.......try cleaning it...:)

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Looks like some serious problem. First of all specify your PC configuration (everything).
You can do these things to prevent further Damage!!
* Check whether the fans are working properly.
* First shutdown the PC, unplug the PC plugs. Open the cabinet & clean the
dust accumulated with a blower. You can also use a dry cloth. Also blow air
on the fans; don't clean the fans with the cloth. This may damage the fans.
* If the fans are not working properly, replace them immediately. Otherwise
it will lead to over-heating & it will damage the mobo.

same problem i had with my p4 845 gvsr board. system suddenly started restarting and while starting up it says the system was shut down due to thermal heating and then boots up and keeps on restarting.

now to the solution,

first unplug all the power cables to the m/b and remove the ram and clean it with a cloth or brush kind of thing and do the same with the m/b, i think there is no need to remove the fan from cpu, just clean it with a brush, let processor and ram get cool down. after few minutes say 10 mins replug u r power cables and then start the system. try to start in safe mode to check up the system. finally find why u r cpu getting hot, may be because of atmosphere also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom