booting problem win xp sp2 very very strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
i am not able to boot into the normal mode.i had formatted my hard drive and had done a clean installation.still i am not able to boot in normal mode.i am able to boot in safe mode

my system details:-

mother board Intel D102GGC2
processor intel R pentium D CPU 2.80Mhz
system bus speed 800Mhz
system memory speed 533 Mhz
L2 cache Ram 1024 kb

os win xp sp2

it all started with a Jammer virus problem.inspite of number of virus scan ,the problem remained.

then i had first formatted the c drive and installed os.since i was able to boot only in safe mode,i formatted hard disk and reinstalled win xp sp2.still same problem.

before formatting initially,i had done a Ram upgradation from 512 mb (2 256 ddr2 rams) to a single Ram of 2 gb. thinking it as a ram problem,i had tried to boot in to normal mode with my old ram also.still same problem.

i am having a bios problem also.

i am able to change the boot sequence in bios,however,i am not able make the change/save permanently.even after removing and replacing cms batterythe situation is same.

i had tried, sfc in safe mode-windows file protection could not initiate a scan of protected files
the specific error code is ox 000006bc {the rpc server is unavailable}

Ms config: in start up item only rundll32 srclient

when pressig f8 the boot sequences are
safe mode
safe mode with networking
safe mode with command prompt

last known good configuration

start windows normally

usual option of vga mode is missing.

i am in total mess.can somebody help in resolving the ssue?

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
You have a lot of problems.Delete all parition from your HDD, Create new partitions and format them.
This will remove any malicious program in your hdd.
Try to install xp with latest sp3.
You are able to boot in safe mode....I think formating only c: drive will not solve this issue. Your other partitions may also be infected...

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
i had deleted all partitions and formatted and reinstalled win xp sp2.the same os cd installed in m note book is working fine.

is my problem related to ram upgradation?

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
may be your installation media has some corrupt or unreadable files..
try another xp sp2 cd..it should work.

OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
i had again reformatted and installed win xp sp2 with another copy.no change.i am able to boot into safe mode.

when doing a sfc,the errors message is- windows file protection coldnot initiate a scan of protected system files.
the specific error code is 0x000006ba {the RPC server is unavailable.
further on running a memory/motherboard identifying programme CPUID,it is not identifying my motherboard or memory.i

what could be the problem.

Last edited:
OP
M

mahendran

Journeyman
finally i was able to locate the problelem.on removing both cd roms,i am able to boot into normal mode.

however,since i had not added these cd roms recently,how come a hardware conflict after reformation and installation of os? can somebody help

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Check your jumper setting.
If both hdd and cd drive are set to master or slave. Then conflict occur.
One should me master and other must be set to slave by changing jumpers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom