boot up issue

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
Hi,

I bought the biostar z68 + i5 2500K

I used my same old HDD and when i booted on, the pc boots upto the initial screen with tab and del as options but it stops there until i press a F1 and del and tab never works. When i pressed F1 for the first time, it showed a CMOS error and i loaded the optimised settings and restarted.

Now it is still stuck at the 1st screen and boots up to windows only when i press F1. del and tab never works and i cant boot into bios at all.

I tried clearing CMOS as per the instruction in the manual but in vain. kindly help me on this.

Regards,
rakesh

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just remove the CMOS battery from mobo and wait for 5-10 mins and put the battery back again on it's place ..the issue should be fixed if not the bios may be corrupted in which case you need to flash the bios with updated version.

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
I tried the above suggestion of removing the battery. It dint work.. All i can see for the first boot after removing the battery and pressing F1 was the same CMOS failed error and then it continues to boot to windows.
*img140.imageshack.us/img140/3258/img0643qt.jpg

helion

Broken In
You will have to flash the BIOS either using the CD that usually is provided with the mobo or downloading the most convenient method(usually an exe) from the mobo's website.

Did you yet load the interface drivers from the CD?

OP
R

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
You will have to flash the BIOS either using the CD that usually is provided with the mobo or downloading the most convenient method(usually an exe) from the mobo's website.

Did you yet load the interface drivers from the CD?

i have installed everything that is there on the cd. updated the bios again though it was already the latest. but nothing works.

helion

Broken In
Do the F12 thing as recommended by the BIOS menu here to see the BIOS's progress as it does the POST and all.

It looks like it has found the HDD having a hitch, so you can attempt to boot without the HDD connected so as to isolate if it is the case.

Tech&ME

Banned
I can see something in the screenshot provided by @Rakesh_ic

There is nothing wrong with the BIOS.

you need to download seatools and boot from it. There seems to be some sort of problem with the hdd.

Also tell us.:

1. Is your harddisk already loaded with OS ? if the answer is yes, then

Sometimes when you upgrade the mobo and the processor, it becomes a requirement to re-install the OS.

dibya_kol

In the zone
biostar mobo has some issues to reset bios. sometimes it won't work to remove battery , it need to change jumper placers. check manual how to reset bios.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do the F12 thing as recommended by the BIOS menu here to see the BIOS's progress as it does the POST and all.

It looks like it has found the HDD having a hitch, so you can attempt to boot without the HDD connected so as to isolate if it is the case.

I can see something in the screenshot provided by @Rakesh_ic

There is nothing wrong with the BIOS.

you need to download seatools and boot from it. There seems to be some sort of problem with the hdd.

Also tell us.:

1. Is your harddisk already loaded with OS ? if the answer is yes, then

Sometimes when you upgrade the mobo and the processor, it becomes a requirement to re-install the OS.

you guys are right ... the HDDs SMART must have been tripped / or the HDD is going to go bad very soon - Op better Scan the HDD with seatools ( just to be sure ) and send the the HDD for RMA.

Another thing Op can do is change the Sata Cable connected to the HDD and Try a different Sata port on mobo .. if this does not fix the issue then he have to go with 1st option.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ is it out of warranty ? fist be sure about this ? You can check the warranty status on seagate's website using the serial and model no.

helion

Broken In
I think i will buy a new HDD then

You shouldn't need to buy a new HDD as yet, unless backing up is at the top on your mind.

See if you can get it cleared up using a re-install of the OS(Windows 7 64-bit). Some times hardware vs hardware interfaces can bring up such reports, though all true, they are usually tided over.

Top Bottom