Boot issues with system-need help(urgent)

quicky008

Technomancer
today my pc was working fine in the morning,but in the afternoon there was a power failure and so i had to shut it down.After the power was restored around 30 mins later,i turned my pc back on again.Although it did boot,there was no display-my LCD monitor,which was connected to my video card's DVI port alternately showed "analog" and "digital" for a few seconds and then went to standby mode.The weird thing about it was that even though there was no display,my pc booted to windows seven properly (i realized it because i could hear the startup sound that is played when windows starts for the first time).

Initially i thought my display cable might have become loose,so i tightened it securely at both ends and tried to reboot my system but the issue wasn't resolved.Then i assumed that my video card was probably malfunctioning-so i removed it from my system and started my pc back on again using my pc's onboard VGA output-my system booted perfectly and everything was displayed properly on my monitor.As my system booted perfectly after the gpu had been removed,it seemed to me that something was definitely wrong with it.

After using my system for about an hour,i had to shut it down once again as i had some errands to run.When i returned and turned my system back on,the same thing happened once more i.e. there was no display on the monitor but this time around there was no hard disk activity and my system did not even boot,even though i was using my motherboard's onboard gpu instead of the graphics card.

I was totally perplexed by the peculiar nature of this problem.So i decided to plug in a spare 8600GT graphics card that i had with me and switched on my system-then my pc booted properly and everything seemed to be working fine-but on closer inspection i realized that there was no sound i.e. my pc wasn't detecting my creative Audigy sound card.Even after restarting windows,my pc still failed to detect the sound card.

Can someone tell me what on earth is wrong with my system?How can i identify the root cause of the aforesaid problems?Is it possible that my sound card is faulty and it might be causing my computer to malfunction?I am really worried-any help with this issue will be greatly appreciated.

My system config is as follows:Intel core i5 3450,Asus p8 b75 V motherboard,2 Corsair vengeance 4 GB DDR3 ram modules(8 gb total),Corsair VX 450 PSU,Zotac Geforce 450 GPU,HDDs:1 TB seagate internal,320 GB Seagate (internal),creative Audigy sound card.

truegenius

UNPREDICTABLE
that means your geforce 450 is faulty (otherwise smps is faulty)

check your 450gpu on other (friend's) pc

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
unfortunately,even though many of my friends have motherboards with PCI-e slots,none of them actually have a reliable psu (like the ones from Corsair/seasonic etc) and therefore its not possible for me to test the card on any of their computers as their cheap generic psus will probably not be able to provide adequate power to my geforce 450 card and may damage it even further.

Does anyone know the address and telephone number of Zotac's service center in kolkata(its a zotac graphics card actually)?It was purchased in 2011 and so i think its still under warranty-therefore if i can ascertain that its indeed the culprit then i'm gonna RMA it as soon as I possibly can

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
You said that even with switching to Onboard & a spare 8600GT problem reappeared. That means graphic card may not be the issue alone. There maybe damage to Motherboard itself due to power failure.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
It looks more like a mobo failure.. I would say get it checked locally for burnt circuits if u cant check it yourself

OP
quicky008

quicky008

Technomancer
I don't think the power outage could have caused the problems as i have a ups.I have been using my PC for the last few days without my creative sound card and so far i haven't had any more boot issues.Please note that I'm using my geforce 450 graphics card as well and this hasn't caused any problems either-does it mean the sound card itself was faulty and it was causing my pc to hang during POST?

Top Bottom