Boot entry problem..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Guy i'm messed up with getting both Xp and vista working at the same time. Earlier i was able to do it with easybcd but now when ever i try it Xp shows ntdler missing. To get Xp running i have to use uninstall mbr to Xp. The process becomes hectic when i have to switch between os's....!
Hope you guys have some answers to it

prasad_den

Padawan
Are you able to boot into Vista..? If yes, then open easyBCD in Vista and then follow these steps:

1. Click on the Manage Bootloader tab, and on the right hand side, select Reinstall the Vista Bootloader, and then click on Write MBR.

2. Now click on the Add/Remove Entries tab.. On the right hand side, under Add an entry, click on Windows tab, and under the Type dropdown menu, select Windows NT/2k/XP/2k3, give it a suitable name, and select the drive in which XP is installed. Finally click on Add Entry button which is seen in the bottom right corner.

3. Lastly, click on Change Settings tab, select the default OS and OS menu timeout according to your needs and save changes..

4. Reboot.. Its done..!

OP
skippednote

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
Sorry guys both options dont work .....actually when i create an entry for xp and allocate it a hard drive partition .... The software allocates the same drive to vista to and when i restart and select Xp it says ntldr missing.....please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom