Books/Novels Discussion Thread V1: Literary Gems

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Agatha Christie!
Just awesome!!! Kudos to that great lady for writing such novels. I wonder what was her mind:!:

When I was a kid, may be in class I or II my dad used to tell me stories of Hercule Poirot. I was so glued to them, I used to bug him every day for more.

Well, he had not read many but he did put curiosity in me.

I got the chance of reading Agatha Christie on this January, when a book show was arranged in our office. I bought two volumes.

Till now have read the following.
Cards on the table
The case of the disconnected soldier
Mrs McGinty's dead
The case of the rich woman
Dead man's folly
The third girl

Hallowe'en Party
(now reading)

Craving for more :-D

Aspire

Padawan
Re: Novels recommended by Digitians

Dan Brown
Twilight Series
Harry Potter Series
Chronicles of Narnia
Lord of the Rings
Hardy Boys

and many others which i don't even remember

Last edited:

Prongs298

In the zone
Of Human Bondage - W. Somerset Maugham
The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky
-----------------------------------------
Posted again:
-----------------------------------------
Of Human Bondage - W. Somerset Maugham
The Idiot - Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Last edited:

rony1434

Right off the assembly line
Hi, Thanks for sharing all these novel titles.
Well I found a website while searching on internet *www.ebookserenity.com/ , Is this site really sell cheap ebooks?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*www.audiobooksonline.com/media/Next_Michael_Crichton_unabridged_compact_discs.jpg

I think I would stop rating books, its insulting to the author.

This book is on genetic research/genetic patenting and therapy.
Reading the book it is clearly understood that he did a great length of research on the subject and may be thats why it seemed to be more of a scientific paper rather a thriller to me.

Well, there is a story and very gripping one, but he had just introduced too many characters that after a time u start to forget them and they start to reappear. I had to actually gone back to page 1 to find a character who appeared again in page 257.

In stories/movies when u need to describe complex logics, terms, incidents u make that a conversation between two people. IN that case one had to be a layman and another had to be an expert. That way the reader/audience gets the d fact of it.
But in this book most such highly conceptual and scientific conservations occurred between two researchers or such. So, there were jargons which were not that clarified and went over my head.

I would still tell that Michael Crichton is my read best Science Fiction writer (After Jules Verne of course) and "State of Fear" is his best work of the two books I've read.

Read this book, you would obviously like, get the thrill and get in thought.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Two States 7/10

Enjoyed it more than "Three Mistakes of My Life"...
The beginning was repulsive for me though. After reading first 3-4 chapters I thought how would I finish this book?
But, the wait was worth...

Try it..

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
Two States 7/10

Enjoyed it more than "Three Mistakes of My Life"...
The beginning was repulsive for me though. After reading first 3-4 chapters I thought how would I finish this book?
But, the wait was worth...

Try it..

i'd rate it a 7 / 10

just finished reading it
its definitely gives us a good insight of the 2 cultures

BTW, this thread seems to be dead

Top Bottom