Bollywood : The Great Copycat

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Gajini starring Aamir Khan that will be released in September , is a Remake og Tamil film Gajini which was a copy of the masterpiece Memento

Do you know that the main inspiration behind Sholey, India's most famous movie, were Clint Eastwood's movies like The Good, The Bad and The Ugly ? Many parts from the movies look the same.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
So what's say shall we keep it going? Gosh! I didn't know that this thread even existed.Let's carry on I have a lot to add to it(probably when I reach home after work).:D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I donno whether its west or what.. But here is a list of COPYCATTING done by PRITAM.. I doubt whether he has done a single complete own originial composition ???
*www.itwofs.com/hindi-pritam.html
OMG! WTF!! *www.mysmiley.net/imgs/smile/confused/confused0068.gif
*tools.furtheronline.co.uk/content/lb/smile/mad/mad0233.gif

Rahim

Married!
Well.... Everybody knows that bollywood take Inspirations form west
You said the word buddy.
Bollywood cant just say "We Copy". So they introduced the word Iinspiration", "Inspired From ....", " A Tribute to ala Ram Gopal Varma",etc..
Chor ko chor bolega toh usey bhi buraa lagtaa hai !!!!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Inspiration is a very loosely word used in our Indian Cinema.Same goes for the word 'Remake'.This is pure crap.Lifiting each scene & sometimes even the dialogue must be an assest that some directors feel they have.Major one that I can think of it Sanjay Gupta.Nearly all his movies have been a direct lift from the hollywood or the Korean films.Though I like his direction style but that doesn't justify copying the idea from another film maker.If you look at David Dhawan who used to make some good TP flicks like Coolie No.1,Hero No.1 & Raja Babu had recently directed Partner which was a complete lift from the Hollywood movie which I really admired, Hitch.That left a bitter feeling in my mind for all things being copied.

Though the cake is definitely taken by Jaani Dushman.A movie which has possibly lifted the maximum number of hollywood scenes possible.:D

Take all the Nadiadwala productions.Aawara Paagal Deewana not only lifted The whole nine yards plot but ripped off The Matrix's best scenes to add-in some jazz to the movie.:mad:

Why the F aren't these people questioned on it? Have we lost originality completely?

I admire Indian Cinema for movies like Satya,Vaastav,Hera Pheri,Black Friday & a few others which have raw original ideas & have still made a great impact.Why can't people think out of the box instead of blatantly lifting movies & tagging them as "inspired" & "remake"? :(

This is seriously pathetic.

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
It probably because of such copycat-ting that Indians pirate mp3s and DVD rips without much concern. After all they know the guyz who want the money have not made it, so whay pay to them if all they do is blatant copying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom