Bluish tint on HP laptop screen?? :O

prantik007

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys, I own the HP PAVILION 15-E009TU notebook. It is just 10 months old. I had some grey lines in the LCD screen few days ago and called hp for warranty replacement. a technician came and replaced the LCD screen with a new one.

However the new screen has a sort of Blue tint the entire screen. I have tried different colour setting which may fix it in windows but the blue tint is still there when windows is booting up and in the BIOS. I mean what? Did I just get a faulty/refurbished screen again? Also the screen doesn't look HD like my original screen. Is there anyway to verify that I got the exact model screen I originally had? and what about the blue tint? should i try warranty again?

_MS_

Right off the assembly line
Same issue with me, too.
Did you get it fixed?
What was the problem?
My model is HP Pavilion 15-E002AU.

Post a screen shot of your screen.

How can a tint be recognized by a screenshot ?

@Thread opener, he probably replaced your screen with a cooler one, or I may say, a screen with uniform bluish white. If the screen itself is genuine and from HP itself(specifically, by OEM certified by HP), you may avail for warranty again, but you will receive similar screen. On the contrary, if it is some aftermarket replacement, you can try getting it replaced again, and telling your problem to service center. Hopefully, they will listen.

Gollum

Collector
Hello guys, I own the HP PAVILION 15-E009TU notebook. It is just 10 months old. I had some grey lines in the LCD screen few days ago and called hp for warranty replacement. a technician came and replaced the LCD screen with a new one.

However the new screen has a sort of Blue tint the entire screen. I have tried different colour setting which may fix it in windows but the blue tint is still there when windows is booting up and in the BIOS. I mean what? Did I just get a faulty/refurbished screen again? Also the screen doesn't look HD like my original screen. Is there anyway to verify that I got the exact model screen I originally had? and what about the blue tint? should i try warranty again?

Same issue with me, too.
Did you get it fixed?
What was the problem?
My model is HP Pavilion 15-E002AU.

Post a screen shot of your screen.

@Thread opener, he probably replaced your screen with a cooler one, or I may say, a screen with uniform bluish white. If the screen itself is genuine and from HP itself(specifically, by OEM certified by HP), you may avail for warranty again, but you will receive similar screen. On the contrary, if it is some aftermarket replacement, you can try getting it replaced again, and telling your problem to service center. Hopefully, they will listen.

All,
All notebooks, HP, acer, asus, vaio, dell, toshiba and so on have this tint.
Why? its a cheap TN pannel with bad viewing angles and bad color reproduction.

If you want better quality, get a notebook with an IPS screen.
PS: such notebooks are expensive.

Cheap or budget notebooks do not have good screens. Glossy screens are the worst of the bunch.

Even my Elitebook840 that costs 1.13L has this.

Minion

Conversation Architect

You may go to intel graphics setiing find 10 point color correction enable it.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Let me check it for You

- - - Updated - - -

go to intel graphics properties>video>advance>total colour correction.

or you may use any software calibration tool.

$hadow

Geek in making

If not by screenshot it could be shown by clicking a photograph.

- - - Updated - - -

Software calibration tool will surely come in handy.

Top Bottom