Bluetooth adapter help...URGENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jatin_T

Journeyman
This Diwali just went bad for me!!!
I just bought it from d shop and while coming back on my bike..the plastic bag broke and the packet fell...and a truck ran over it :x
Well...the small cd tht came along with it is still intact..and to my astonishment...when i plugged it in..the green light n the device lit up...
However..when i installed the software package of some"IVT corporation" tht came with it..it didnt work!
Windows gives an error message tht it does not recognize the USB device connected..there is no driver in the cd..and i cant update the driver using device manager!!

Now..i cant take this thing back to the shop...he will say i broke it....so...if u guys can help me out..it wud be gr8
This is a very cheap BT Adapter found in the market..the blue coloured one...anyone know ehere i can find the driver for it??
PLS PLS....

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Oh..and i think its Ambicom..there is a folder named Ambicom in the Cd tht came along with it...i m searching the net for Ambicom drivers....hope i find them..in case if anyone has them..pls give the link or mail them to me...urgently

jatinst@gmail.com

Sorry guys...i m in a very bad mood..i saved money for a whole month to buy tht thing!!!

gauravsuneja

macaddict
are yaar use
windows xp sp2 koyi problem nahin hogi baaba. try searching slipsteraming xp with sp2 on google

u need to have winows xp sp2 patch for it

search google for ur bt adapter drivers

www.pcdrivers.com

vk123

Broken In
ya windows xp with service pack no need any drivers as @gauravsuneja said

but if u need to use on Winxp sp1 then u need the drivers

post the complete name of the device as found on the packaging

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
No use yaar...thnx for the posts...ab to light bhi nahi jal raha hai!!(even the light stopped glowing now)

Guess...it was just soem last breaths of the device...Rs.600 gone to the dogs...and i didnt buy crackers this year!! :cry:
Thts fate i guess....
NEways...was Rs.600 ok or is it cheaper...coz i will have to buy a new one..and soon..my sis urgently needs some songs on her K700i and i do too
So..any suggestions for a cheap USB Dogle in Mumba...and very cheap i mean..but working!!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sorry to hear about what happened to your bluetooth dogle. Yeah I feel its dead now. I had bought a USB bluetooth dongle from lamington road for Rs. 475. It uses the software from Bluesoleil and has worked pretty well with my 3230 cell phone. But I had faced ur problem too of unrecognised usb device but then it was cos my USB ports had gone faulty.
I think you might get a cheaper one as mine has a range of 100m but you get ones of 10m too

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Think mines the same one..it sues Bluesoleil too...But the green light is not showing now..thts the prob....
Neways..i mgiht consider going to lamington road tom'row...even 100 rupees saved wil help me..coz I will ahve to get money from my piggy bank!!

Well...will post here if i have any probs with tht
BTW tech_ur_future..can i see my whole phone(i mean like all folders and files?) using bluetooth like we do in an USB cable??
Or can i make backups of the sms folder etc...i have a SE T610 and my sis has K700i

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Well the bundled software will only allow two way data tranfer, atleast in the case of my nokia 3230. But, it was only sending to my sms inbox. I used to make use of Nokia PC suite to back up and browse the folders and such. The bluesoleil software won't allow all that. I dunno if SE has any such bundled software with it. IF you have any bundled software then well it will work like it does with USB cable. Or else you sould make use of phone managers like Oxygen Phone Manager but that is a paid software mind you. Atleast you could have a look at its trial version available here *www.oxygensoftware.com or you will find it in an old version of digit can't remember whch.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
for sony ericsson phones get this software. you can do everything wid ur phone that u can ever think of!!

float's mobile agent:
*fma.sourceforge.net/

biswajeet_hbk

Right off the assembly line
Bluetooth Woes

hi jatin

I think yr BT Usb adapter has gone bad , i guess its broken due to that unfortunate incident :( .
The Error Message "Windows does not recognize the USB device connected" generally comes up when a usb device is malfunction , believe me , i am troubleshooting Bluetooth and wireless products for 2.5 yrs as i m working in a Customer Support industry
So i will advice you to go and buy a new BT adapter , it will hardly cost 400-500/-

din

Tribal Boy
Read these

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30959

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20261

*forum.gsmhosting.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=179871 ( Thanks to Ricky )

Have fun

OP
J

Jatin_T

Journeyman
Thnx a lot guys for ur replys..i bought a new one from Lamington Road for Rs.500..the BlueSoleil one
And i got Float Mobile Agent..and its works great with both T610 and K700i
Thnx Din for the links!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Jatin_T said:
Thnx a lot guys for ur replys..i bought a new one from Lamington Road for Rs.500..the BlueSoleil one
And i got Float Mobile Agent..and its works great with both T610 and K700i
Thnx Din for the links!

just to clarify some things. the BT adaptor is not "the BlueSoleil one". wot it means is that, it uses drivers provided by IVT corporation. tweaking a bit you can even use Widcomm drivers wid that. anyways, happy "Bluetoothing"!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom