Blue DVD or Silver DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

gabbar

Right off the assembly line
One of my friend had told me that DVDs with blue coating are the fake ones made using cheap chemicals and which can harm the DVD player. Now when i went to buy some empty DVDs, every single one of them including moserbaer, samsung is blue.

Even the ones from SONY showroom have blue coating.
So could someone clear this doubt whether the DVDs with blue coating are originals or fake ??

Thanks in advance.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Think Logically, had it been damaging the DVD...do you think Sony, Moserbear, Samsung would be making it in the first place ;)

sivarap

In the zone
What ur frnd said wld have been for a CD not DVD......

Blue coloured CDs were usually fake and used to peel off......

OP
G

gabbar

Right off the assembly line
Thanks a lot friends, for your replies.
Actually, the pirated electronics market in india is so strong that its hard to find out whats being sold is authentic or not.

Anyways, since you all have given it a clean chit. I will definitely try that out.

=CrAzYG33K=

Journeyman
On another note, I guess DVD-5's are blue coated (at the bottom)
and DVD-9's are usually gold OR silver colored...
Isn't it ?

Apollo

"Technologic"
Staff member
gabbar said:
Whats the diff. bet. DVD-5 and DVD-9 ??
DVD-5 = 4.7GB (Single Sided Single Layer)
DVD-9 = 8.5GB (Single Sided Double Layer or Dual Layer)

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
=CrAzYG33K= said:
On another note, I guess DVD-5's are blue coated (at the bottom)
and DVD-9's are usually gold OR silver colored...
Isn't it ?
ya as far as i have seen, DVD5 are bluish-purplish and DVD9 are pure silver

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
gabbar said:
One of my friend had told me that DVDs with blue coating are the fake ones made using cheap chemicals and which can harm the DVD player. Now when i went to buy some empty DVDs, every single one of them including moserbaer, samsung is blue.

Even the ones from SONY showroom have blue coating.
So could someone clear this doubt whether the DVDs with blue coating are originals or fake ??

Thanks in advance.

Really really funny. There is no such thing. You can trust Moser Baer, Sony etc. You need not go to Sony showroom to buy Sony blank media. You can get them from any computer hardware dealer/reseller for much much lower price (authentic media)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom