```Blue Color DVD is not working on my DVD ROM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kool

Cyborg Agent
Today i brought a movie DVD of TERMINATOR Series (PART 1,2,3) of ARNOLD SCWARZENEGGER. But problem is that my Dvd Rom is unable to play, DVD disk is in blue color! My frnd told me that it can play only on branded Pc, it cant play on assembled PC.

And he was true, i checked it on 3 branded Pc of my frnd and it worked fine, and also checked on two assembled PC, but didn't play!!!

I didn't understand this thing, why this is happenning with only Blue color Dvd??? My Dvd Rom is working fine with silver color dvd.

My system configuration:
WinXp sp2, Celeron D, 2.66GHz, 512 MB RAM, LG DVD ROM

Plz help
Reply soon........

-------- SAURAV

pop143

Journeyman
this is total absurb..still....anxious wot special abt that dvd..!

most probably...the blue dvd films are pirated locally..So there wont be any high copy / device protected facility...in that (unless tricked) ..i think so..!

Did that play on a home DVD player..??

from where did u buy the dvd from..?? are all the dvds bought from the same place like this..??? did u enquire about this to the shop keeper?? or thats the dvd u borrowed from ure friend..???

did u googled abt this isuue..???

looking for answers....

Anand_RF

Journeyman
afaik blu-ray discs with movies aren't out yet. What is the brand of the dvd-burner in the branded pc? Maybe the movie is in dvd+r and your burner only supports dvd-r or other way round.
Btw, did you buy an original dvd? :p

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Anand_RF said:
afaik blu-ray discs with movies aren't out yet. What is the brand of the dvd-burner in the branded pc? Maybe the movie is in dvd+r and your burner only supports dvd-r or other way round.
Btw, did you buy an original dvd? :p

Yup u r rght;)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
I had this kind of problem with only yellow coloured discs.
Blue coloured ones seem to work fine in my Sony DRU-710 DVD/RW
What DVD ROM/RW are u using ?

clmlbx

Technomancer
Hi

I Don't Know What The Problem Is . But There Is Nothing About Branded Pc And Assembeled Pc .

That Blue Dvd's Will Work On Branded Pc And Not On Assembeled Pc .

I Too Have Assembeled Pc And All Type Of Dvd Works On It. Yes Even Blue Dvd's Also Work On It.

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
clmlbx said:
Hi

I Don't Know What The Problem Is . But There Is Nothing About Branded Pc And Assembeled Pc .

That Blue Dvd's Will Work On Branded Pc And Not On Assembeled Pc .

I Too Have Assembeled Pc And All Type Of Dvd Works On It. Yes Even Blue Dvd's Also Work On It.

Watz dis blue,yellow ...red goin on here..Like some surf excel ad "Blue ko rakhe blueeeeeeee":D

paul_007

Padawan
rakeshishere said:
Watz dis blue,yellow ...red goin on here..Like some surf excel ad "Blue ko rakhe blueeeeeeee":D

LOL LOL :)) :))

yeah absolutly agree with , if a DVD is not working , then there is problem either with DVD or with DVD rom

what is this blue ,green ,yellow, and all that :))

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
MY DVD ROM: LG
DVD MOVIE: TERMINATOR (borrowed frm frnd.)

my pc is just 4days old!!

paul_007

Padawan
kool , get ur DVD rom checked with ur dealer , i am using sony DVD rom and every DVD is running without any problem , no matter what the color is....

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
MY DVD ROM: LG
DVD MOVIE: TERMINATOR (borrowed frm frnd.)

my pc is just 4days old!!

shaunak

Tux Fan
Check for codec and dvd compatibility. WMP10 dosnt natively support DVDs you need 3rd party codecs. I think WMP11 has native support.

Secondly Blue dyed DVD is a sign of cheaper media. is it pirated or ripped?

@geekboy blu-ray discs arent necessarly blue:lol: and moser bayer is yet to launch HD DVDs in india so froget bluray.:p
btw going with the colour thing HD DVDs made by bayer are RED

executioner

Journeyman
what happens when u put the disk in your drive?please tell in detail.can it read the dvd or not?

Last edited:

Pragadheesh

In the zone
guys please make me about "What a coloured dvd is?(silver/blue/yellow)"
Is there anything called blue dvd or so??????!!!!!!:(
i cant get head 2 tail about these coloured DVDs:(

anispace

dattebayo
Its a pirated copy burned on a DVD-R, not a bluray:lol: :lol: :lol:

maybe ur dvd drive isnt compatible with writable dvds burned at high speeds.This happened on my friends comp as he had a samsung combo drive

OP
kool

kool

Cyborg Agent
executioner said:
what happens when u put the disk in your drive?please tell in detail.can it read the dvd or not?

its not showing anything......... when i click on dvd rom icon: it shows blank. Even neri info tool also show blank.

clmlbx

Technomancer
kool said:
its not showing anything......... when i click on dvd rom icon: it shows blank. Even neri info tool also show blank.

DID THAT DVD WORKED IN YOUR HOME DVD PLAYER ? TRY THIS FIRST . IF YOU CANNOT SEE ANY FILES ON DVD THEN IT MUST BE HIDDEN . NOW A DAYS A LOT OF MP3'S AND MOVIES CD'S AND DVD'S WE BRING FOR RENT . HAVE HIDDEN FILES .BUT THEY WORK FINE IN DVD PLAYERS .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom