i have 5 PC and 1 lappy

platforms are---

laptop= Vista
pc1= Gutsy Gibbon
Pc2= Fedora Core
Pc3= XP
Pc4= XP
Pc5= XP

my lap. pc.1 pc2 is running in best condition bcoz they have such a nice platforum,

but the problem is that my pc3.4.5 are in very bad condition bcoz there are too many virues i formated them many times but virus are in D and E drive i cannot format all drives, i have very usefull data on it...

My idea is that i want to block D and E drive (no data tranfer on drive) the virus will pause then format the C drive and install a best antivirus then scan in safe mode the all virus will destroy....

virus is too bad it destroed my Mcafee Antivirus and its stopping to install new antivirus

so is there any way to block drive for stop data transfer..??

Rahim

Married!
You can use any Linux Live CD and boot from it and scan with Clamwin or delete the virus yourself if you identify the fvirus/infected files.

praka123

left this forum longback
in window$,u can rename drives na?change the drive letter.u shudve posted this in software section.

mediator

Technomancer
Why don't u make a dedicated file server on fedora core or gutsy PC? U can use a knoppix cd to transfer the useful data. Neways there r drive lockers available. Just google for em and u'll find freewares too.

praka123 said:
n window$,u can rename drives na?change the drive letter.
U seem to be an expert in troubleshooting windows toooo. :)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
In XP,
Disable or password protect Admin account & make logins only via Limited account.

For more check --> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40864

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom