BitTorrent: Step by step procedure on how to use it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@mak: I use BitComet and I get consistent speeds of 30k so it all depends upon which client works out for you, no hard and fast rules.

mak89gt

Broken In
bitcomet is blacklisted by many trackers because it makes the other clients horribly slow. whenever i kick & ban all the bitcomet users in my peers list, my sppeds double. i did try using bitcomet before, and a torrent with 5 seeds was going at 2 kb/sec. i switched to azureus and it was going at 8 kb/sec o_O
bitcomet is only fast when there are many seeds.
btw, you got a 512 kb/sec package? i got a hathway 256 kb/sec package with unlimited downloads. Do you have unlimited bandwidth for your package? Can you tell me which company? thx

Charley

Just Do It
mak89gt said:
They have 66 mp3 albums at www.elitetorrents.org
im sure there are many metal albums there. register and enjoy!
I forgot to mention, they have MANNNNNYYYY seeds at ET, but very few leechers. You will get good download speeds, but will have a prob seeding.

Not what I'm looking 4....

:)

mak89gt

Broken In
even though there are many bittorrent site with music, the old p2p networks such as kazaa lite resurrection, ares, emule, etc are still the best for music.
basically everyone uses bittorrent for full episodes, movies, series, anime, applications, etc.

mak89gt

Broken In
you can try www.exeem.com
its a new bittorrent client which is based on the kazaa idea, ie you can search for what you want. i havent tried it yet, but i believe it is very good for music and applications. its still in beta testing stage, so do not be surprised if someone manages to get a small trogan into your computer, though that is highly unlikely.
bought to you by the webmasters of supernova.org, which is now no more.

mak89gt

Broken In
Whats been going on in the bittorrent community these past few days:

Official bittorrent search has opened. *www.bittorrent.com

EliteTorrents has been shut down by the FBI.

The Pirate Bay believed to be shut down by the swedish goverment, is actually shifting its server and a whole lot of upgrades ^^.

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@mak: Actually eXeem is just a bsatardised version of the original BitTorrent client. The guys at Supernova just added a search function and a few other things, tweaked with the nodes idea and all, added spyware/adware in the client and started promoting it as the next revolution in the torrent world.

I have used the software and frankly it's not as good as they project it to be. If I need to search for a torrent, I can always head over to torrentsearch.com to find the one I need. Many torrent sites now have the feedback option, so getting a trojan is now unlikely. I am sticking with BitTorrent for now.

mak89gt

Broken In
ahh.. well i never tried exeem myself XD
Oh yeah and for all the Hathway users... Use port 5000 if port forwarding is not possible, Hathway keeps upnp port 5000 open for some wierd reason :S (They charge 15,000 security deposit if you want any other port open :evil: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom