Bitlocker Problem !!!!

gurdil

Right off the assembly line
i encrypted 1 of the 3 partitions on my external HDD using bitlocker. it is a 60 GB partition on 250 GB HDD. while decrypting it, there was a power faliure and the error occured, windows 7 x64 shows the drive not formatted and the bitlocker also doesnt detect it.

i tried using the bitlocker repair tool in command prompt with the command "repair-bde m: e: -rp <recovery pwd>" , but it hangs on pressing enter and nothing shows up except

" bitlocker drive encryption : repair tool version 6.1.7600

copyright <c> microsoft corporation "

i can access the other 2 partitions on the drive and they r visible in the explorer, but the corrupted partition is not accessible.

the Bitlocker Drive Decryption window appears asking me the password just when i had removed the HDD fom USB and will go away after 3-4 seconds.

the 3rd partition is not there when HDD is plugged in (i can see the other 2 partitions). but it will appear with a icon of bitlocker locked drive for 3-4 sec just after i had removed the HDD from the USB.

If connect the HDD in windows XP and use some partition manager program like "Eaesus partition manager" then it shows all the 3 partitions with the file system of the 3rd partition as " Other(Bitlocker encrypted)"

Moreover my computer wont shutdown when the HDD is pluged in it. it shows the "shutting down" screen and remain there till the time i dont remove the HDD.

when i start the computr with HDD plugged in, desktop appear but not the gadgets and it hangs like this till the time i dont remove the HDD.
Is there a usb issue with win 7 ???

can any1 help me out plz.....the data is very important for me and i want it at any cost...:cry:

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
I don't think there's a way to recover all you data. (Unless you sue BitLocker guys and make them recover all your data for free :p), but here are some things you should try -

Format the corrupt partition using any good software and then recover your data with a data recovery software like EaseUs, Recuva, etc.

OP
G

gurdil

Right off the assembly line
I don't think there's a way to recover all you data. (Unless you sue BitLocker guys and make them recover all your data for free :p), but here are some things you should try -

Format the corrupt partition using any good software and then recover your data with a data recovery software like EaseUs, Recuva, etc.

but that will not the decrypt the data encrypted by bitlocker.........
plz suggest a workable soln out of this bcoz tha data is vry imp for me

paroh

Padawan
Try these methods also try to run the bitlocker repair from the external hard disk as described on the site *support.microsoft.com/kb/928201

AS u say when u remove the USB hard disk then it ask for the password. I think u try again this option and wait for couple of minutes may be there is some problem with the hard disk

Unlock BitLocker under Windows PE - 4sysops

*www.recipester.org/Recipe:Suspend_or_Resume_Windows_7_BitLocker_Protection_27626357

If the data is very very important to you than i think u can contact the stellar. As on there site if no recovery no charge
Tell them that u are using bitlocker

*www.stellarinfo.co.in/

Last edited:
Top Bottom