Bitlocker Drive Question...

roady

Digital Marketer
So I have win7 installed on C drive and I have bitlocked my D drive.

Question is - if I format my C drive, and install win7 again, will I be able to access my D drive after unlocking with the password I know? Or will the D drive be forced to format, thus making me lose all the data?

lovedonator

Ambassador of Buzz
From what I heard, once you format Windows, Bitlock password become obsolete.
If that was the case a person wouldn't have been able to use it on two different PCs.

Question is - if I format my C drive, and install win7 again, will I be able to access my D drive after unlocking with the password I know? Or will the D drive be forced to format, thus making me lose all the data?

I think you will be able to use it normally.

manishrpvv

Broken In

no problem exist after reinstalling win 7 , you can login with your old password and there is no effect on data

as long as you use this drive on window 7, if you take out hdd and put into another operating system like vista and xp then these os will show all other drives except bit locked drive

OP
R

roady

Digital Marketer
Thanks, I reinstalled windows and the D drive was untouched. Worked as intended after putting the password. :)

@ manishrpvv - What if I really want to use it on XP? I tried Bitlocker to go but.. fail!

manishrpvv

Broken In
Thanks, I reinstalled windows and the D drive was untouched. Worked as intended after putting the password. :)

@ manishrpvv - What if I really want to use it on XP? I tried Bitlocker to go but.. fail!

BITLOCKING IS NOT SUPPORTED BY WIN XP & DON'T TRY TO BOOT YOUR HDD WITH WINDOWS XP CD BCZ IT CAN FORMAT THE DATA IF YOU CHOOSE WRONG PARTITION BY MISTAKE i.e. IF YOU WANT TO INSTALL XP ON C DRIVE AND BY MISTAKE IF YOU CHOOSE D DRIVE THEN ALL THE DATA WILL BE FORMATTED AND CAN'T BE RETRIVED BY ANY METHOD
2. IF ALL GOES RIGHT i.e. YOU SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED XP ON C DRIVE THEN YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO ACCESS DATA OF D DRIVE . D: DRIVE WILL NOT LOOK AS PARTITION BUT THE DATA IS SAFE

Top Bottom