BitComet - User Issues!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Hey,

I had been using BitTorrent so far for torrent based downloads. But now, i just downloaded BitComet, coz of some extra features like, Selective download and Preview. :)

I was just wondering if BitComet has some user issues. When i use it in limited user in WinXPSP2, i don't get to see what i had been previously downloading so that i cud resume that.

I tried to open the 'incomplete' file that was created but to no success! :(

Do you guys know, if BitComet has some user issues? And IFF NOT, how can i resume downloads!!??!! :roll: :roll:

chinmay

Journeyman
BitComet is the best Bit torrent client IMHO. But yeah, it has its own issues. It is banned by most of the private trackers all around the world. Read more about the problem here :-

*p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=20796

So, do not use the 0.60 version. Instead use the latest version which was launched yesterday only. I think it should have no such problems. Find it here :-

*www.download.com/BitComet/3000-2196-10296306.html?part=dl-BitComet&subj=dl&tag=button

What exactly do you mean by how can you resume the download ? Simply right click on the download and click stop or pause. When ypu wanna resume just click on start again.

kikass

Broken In
hey try out utorrent (mu-torrent). i just got this client and it works very well. interface is same as azureus but since utorrent has been written in C++ memory usage is really low ~6-7mbs. no problems with any trackers either.

legolas

Padawan
@ravi+ish, u cant see the preview by clicking on the incimplete file. the preview option doesnt play the movie cfrom your dl file as far as i know.. it buffers from the site whcih means it downloads!! tats y it tells the conx ius too slow to preview. they r meant for very fast conx. and moreover, in bitcomet preferences, uncheck the "add .bc! extension to unfinished files" so that u can see the incomplete files in .avi or watever format using "VLC media player"

/legolas

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
@legolas
I didn't know the preview thing quite correctly! Thanx for that!

But, how will I resume my downloads, if I pause'em and then restart BitComet? That's my real problem!!
Any idea abt that? :-?

legolas

Padawan
yes, it wud absolutely resume from the % it had paused.. unless u moved/removed the file to another place. or the drive name had changed. but u can use the "manual hash check" to reanalyse the file if u r not sure abt the percentage... by right clicking on the torrent.

/legolas

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
well... UNFORTUNATELY....:(( when i restarted BitComet after i had paused it...I wasn't able to see it on the list!!

Lemme check every aspect now!!!

Unless you have an underpowered PC, Azureus is a much better option. Give it a try. Also, it has more advanced selective download features as compared to BitComet.

Cheers,
Keith

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
IMO, azureus is a big resource hog and you shouldn't go for it unless you got atleast 512mb of RAM. Azureus has many more features than other bittorrent clients I've seen. Personally I prefer BitTornado. It is also a good client if you are not downloading too many torrents at at time cos you can open only one torrent in one window in BitTornado.

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Well, i tried it as you suggested and Azureus seems to be REALLY very good. And yeah it does use much resources. But except that, everything's fine!!
Thanx for the suggestion
I also tries utorrent.
But, I think there must be some way to resolve the BitComet problem!! Isn't it!!!

Please let me know...
So far, i tried, but I was not able to get a soln.

Still Tryin'.....

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Hey..... does anyone know.... howto ... if u CAN..... select the files u wanna download... in BitTorrent??? thru any plugins or somethings??

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Do you mean the official bittorrent cleint?
Else why don't you try out Bittornado it is very similar to official bittorrent client but offers more features and lets you select the files to download.

OP
R

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
Nanna..... I have Azeurus.... and it's really gud...... it's just tthat..... there are a cpl of big torrents there in the BitTorrent.... and i wanna get'em done by selecting just a few to b downloaded... otherwise....it'll... take ddaaaaayyyyyysss to complete1!!

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
chinmay said:
BitComet is the best Bit torrent client IMHO. But yeah, it has its own issues. It is banned by most of the private trackers all around the world. Read more about the problem here :-

*p2pforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=20796

post doesn't exist....
nyways another question....

upgrading to new version from 0.60,will the incomplete downloads remain???
have downloaded Azureus too .... will give it a try too ... !

Actually the same q from me also. If i download new version of Bitcomet say0.62 what would happen to my incomplete downloads and if I download other clients like utorrent then how can I start downloading the incomplete files from the point I left.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ashnik said:
yes, ur existing incomplete d/l s will remain unaffected . i updated from 0.58 to 0.62.

thanx mn...

but a lil late though...have completed the downloads anyways...
so will update bitcomet too now !!

rachitar

Journeyman
ashnik said:
yes, ur existing incomplete d/l s will remain unaffected . i updated from 0.58 to 0.62.

It wont get affected even if you change the client like changing from Bit Comet to Bit Spirit

@Ravi+ish
Use Azureus,its much faster than Bit Comet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom