Status
Not open for further replies.
I had fully downloaded a torrent file using bitcomet. It was 100% and start uploading. The next day when I again run bitcomet the file is 99.8% and it starts downloading again and in the morning I saw it has become 64.6%. There r 106 files in this torrent and they r running fine in mediaplayer but bit comet is showing most of them r incomplete. I tried manual hash checking but nothing.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Just check the status shown in bitcomet. It might be uploading rather then downloading. When you're uploading the file its %age becomes lower instead of higher. So, don't worry your downloadi s complete. Just keep on uploading for a while and let others enjoy it too.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Just check the status shown in bitcomet. It might be uploading rather then downloading. When you're uploading the file its %age becomes lower instead of higher. So, don't worry your downloadi s complete. Just keep on uploading for a while and let others enjoy it too.

I dont agree with that because when you're uploading only, your torrent % is always 100( i repeat, only when uploading )

Yes, this decreasing percentage issue sometimes does happen, but I've never seen it go so much down. Maybe its because of so many files in the torrent.

It can decrease due to:

1. After completing the downloading, Bitcomet uses the differenct chunks of data downloaded to produce the output file. In case any of the piece is corrupted, it throws it away and looks to download it again.

2. It downloaded some data which was invalid to the torrent associated and so threw it away and tried again.

So, I guess this is not a Bug but its just the way the Torrent network functions.

If you want this not to happen frequently, I suggest you decrease the max. no of connections per task.
Also, since there are so many files, i would suggest you give priority to some files as "Highest" so that they finish first & reduce corruption of data.

Hope this eases the burden...
Savvy!!

mehulved

yrana2002 said:
I dont agree with that because when you're uploading only, your torrent % is always 100( i repeat, only when uploading )

Whenever I used to leave torrents to upload after I've downloaded, after a restart BitComet used to show the torrent as uploading and would decrese the %. I have seen that with many files using BitComet. Though I might be wrong in this case but I am sure that used to happen in my case.

OP
T

tanmoy_rajguru2005

Journeyman
Thank u.
but one thing
I suggest you decrease the max. no of connections per task.
doesnt it reduce the download speed also?
Also, since there are so many files, i would suggest you give priority to some files as "Highest" so that they finish first & reduce corruption of data.
As far I know finishing some files soon doesnt reduce the probablity of corruption because the clint perform the hash checking and the part that is already checked is alright whether it is completed or not. please currect me if I m wrong.

bholu

Broken In
any one can tell me why i cant use bitcomet in my hathway connection???
it alwayes shpws DHT is not connected.

mehulved

I could use it with hathway connection without any problems. It just worked straigth out. Try out different torrents specially ones that have high no. of ppl sharing.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Well, decreasing the Connections per task value may reduce the speeds, but if u keep it to Auto or around 250, you should not have any problems.

Regarding the priority thing, a normal 106 files download would bring in chunks of data from each different file.
If the sign. on that piece is invalid to either of the files, the piece will be rejected. Moreover, after download completion, it has to create a big output from the many various pieces, so chances of mismatch are greater.

Giving a priority forces the client to ask for a particular piece from some peers only regularly performs the so-called Hash check every time after completing the downloads. This way, the great difference in downloading percentage atleast wouldn't happen next time.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
In fact, one should always put a higher no. port as the listening port. I've set mine to 50xxx.

It's best to use a listen port between 49152 and 65534 because they're classed as "Dynamic and/or Private Ports" by IANA, so nothing else should be using them by default and they're not the standard ones blocked by ISPs or trackers.

For more info, read this tutorial:
Faster torrent speeds(Router-Client Config.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom